What do you think?? 69 Cuda

-

jaak

Reaction score
I may be riding out to check out this 69 Barracuda. Its about a couple hour drive away. Im gonna look it over real good and take a bunch of pics (These are the ones the guy emailed to me) He told me in the email the 318 runs, it has some rust in the floor pans and trunk floor. As you can see in the pics, it obviously needs a right fender but the rest looks pretty good. Anyways he told me he was asking 1500 but said it was negotionable. Is this a fair price? What would you offer? If I get a chance to ride out and see it today or tomorrow, I will post more pics. I need this like I need a hole in my head, I need to finish my Charger, but I have always loved A-body Cudas. I would still like to get it at the right price, just to have it as my next project after the charger. All opinions welcomed!

Jason

69Cuda1.jpg

69Cuda2.jpg

69Cuda3.jpg

69Cuda4.jpg

69Cuda5.jpg

69Cuda6.jpg

69Cuda7.jpg

Dash has been cut, rust in floors and trunk. Is a 69 V8 auto with a comsole and air. Tuff choices. IMO between $1000 & $1500 would be about right.

If you enjoy major restorations, go for it. Seems about right for a running car. But a lot of $$$$.$$ to make it nice. What`s your budget, for it? You may find a finished example, same as budget. It has some good things going for it. Factory ac, bucket seats, console. good luck finding glass trim. buy it, put a 340 in it:-D

It looks from the pictures to be a good start. You can easily spend that much on a non-running car and this one is running and complete. Anything will cost big cash to restore but thats a good car to work with. As long as its as solid as it looks in the picutres, its a good deal.

Look those grilles over closely, they aren't easy to find, or cheap once you do find them.

Looks like a decent score.

Get it while the gettin's good I say.

Be prepared for a money pit as they don't make much for these cars so you gotta restore your own trim or find good, used stuff.

You can always put a 67-68 valance on the front if your grilles/bezels are in bad shape, but that means hunting down a 67-68.

You can always put a 67-68 valance on the front if your grilles/bezels are in bad shape, but that means hunting down a 67-68.

You would have to change the hood if you did that but the earlier grilles are easier to find then the '69 grilles are.

-
Back