what do you think its worth?

-

mopgo

Reaction score
IMG_0714.JPG
IMG_0715.JPG
IMG_0716.JPG
IMG_0717.JPG
1970 duster h code factory 4 speed disc brakes orange paint 8 3/4 rear solid body & trunk no interior motor tranny
IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_0713.JPG

maybe $1000 - you'll get more if you just finish parting it out...

I think it's probably worth a little more than that since you have the fender tag to show its a real 340 4 speed car, but, regardless you'll get more parting it out. Looks like a fairly solid car though other than the inner fenders being removed, parting it would be a shame. Too bad the matching numbers engine/trans is gone.

Where is it and does it have a title? Could make a lot of difference..

Absolutely this. Location makes a big difference, a solid car is worth more from the middle of the country and further east than it is from the middle of the country to the west. Same for the title, rules on that are very dependent on the state. Some buyers wouldn't have too much trouble getting a title, others would find it nearly impossible.

I think it's probably worth a little more than that since you have the fender tag to show its a real 340 4 speed car, but, regardless you'll get more parting it out. Looks like a fairly solid car though other than the inner fenders being removed, parting it would be a shame. Too bad the matching numbers engine/trans is gone.
yeah - I was being a little facetious...

From me $500.00..to restore that correctly you'll have wayyy more then its worth into it..

In my world "solid body" doesn't include hacked out fender wells, rusty tail panel and a swish cheese rot floor pans...800 bucks is top of the hill on that thing

1500 if that's the worst rust and there's no bondo...if there's a title.

Has some very desirable options, even if most are not actually present.

Hard to buy a solid 318/auto body for less.

I think it's probably worth a little more than that since you have the fender tag to show its a real 340 4 speed car.

no, it was a real 340 4 speed car
right now, it is an incomplete rolling shell with the wipers in the trunk and no door handles or inner fenders

no, it was a real 340 4 speed car
right now, it is an incomplete rolling shell with the wipers in the trunk and no door handles or inner fenders

And a VIN and fender tag that will say it's always been and will always be a 340 4-speed car by the numbers. I'm not trying to say it's worth $10k or anything, but I bet the seller could get $1,500 no problem, especially if it's anywhere near the east coast because they all look like that for rust. If everyone parts A-bodies that need floor pans there aren't going to be many left soon.

Say what you like, if you put a non-numbers 340 and 4 speed back in that car it would still bring a lot more money than my /6 auto car would with the same 340 and 4 speed in it. Doesn't make any sense to me either, but that's how the numbers work. The slant 6 challenger that rolled off the line behind the Hemi challenger is worth a tiny fraction of what the hemi car is, and what's the difference outside of the engine itself? Torque boxes and the numbers on the dash. Switch the engines between the two and the one that says Hemi on the dash will still go for an insane number even without the Hemi, but the one that says /6 on the dash won't bring anywhere near that even with a Hemi under the hood.

And unless your a flipper without a soul, almost all of these cars cost more money to "restore correctly" than they're worth at the end.

i guess there is something to say for that reasoning...but it depends on the buyer
if im looking for a car, i dont care what was in it, anymore then i car who was in it before me

i guess for a rivet counter, having a vin that indicates a 340 belongs in a car is worth something
but at the same time, wouldnt that rivet counter want to have that vin match the numbers on the engine ?

i guess there are so many different people in this hobby, there must be some who are willing to pay a premium for what a car was...but all i see is a shell with no engine, no transmission and the wiper arms in the trunk

thanks for your replies this is not my car its a friend of mine he is getting flack from the town about the # of cars on his property as you can see there is a 69 dart 71 dart 67 charger and another 70 duster and some other misc. cars all are in central ct. a couple have titles the 340 duster has a bill of sale only

missing hood too - as well as the door panels, steering column, dash panel, side marker lights - almost all of the good stuff is gone.. personally I would pass on buying the Duster. Question, is your friend planning to sell either Dart?

Well in Canada if you had it for sale within a hour of my house I would pay $2000 Canadian for it.

no title...now it's worth the value of the 4 speed hump and any other good sheet metal.

duster does have a hood just not pictured all cars are for sale do not know what he wants for them 69 /6 auto air 71 /6 auto 67 383 auto 70 /6 auto

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

-
Back