What do you think... OE 1967 Air cleaner wingnut?

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What do you think... OE 1967 Air cleaner wingnut?

I don't know where I found this. It may have been chromed as there is copper showing through in areas of ware. I have not cleaned it. There seems to be carbonized buildup in the recesses.

20180806_204905.jpg

20180806_204844.jpg

20180806_204850.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting, I was looking at one of my OE carburetors the other day and noticed the wing nut didn't appear to be typical clear zinc coated wing nut, I couldn't tell if it was phosphate coated one or painted. I haven't looked at it that closely yet.
2018-08-06_003.jpg

2018-08-06_001.jpg

Alan

I don't know that those open-style stamped wing nuts were ever chrome. The cast ones with solid ears might have been. Frankly, I didn't really get involved with these cars until they were 10-20 years old so who knows where the wing nuts came from at that point.

Well and hey, "it's a nut." Chrysler likely bought these from several sources, so one plant might have "giant big bag" of 10,000 from one nut maker and this other plant over here might have "some others."

I have been racking my brain as to where this mysterious (I cleaned it up and it is chromed) came from.

I feel sooo stupid (but it is good to have a photo via Cuda Al of an OE one) It came off my Weber grill thermometer that I changed a week ago.

The wing nut on my Dart has been a cast one for years and I couldn't figure out how I could have stumbled onto the OE nut sitting by my computer.

The OE wing nuts should be stamped, not sure this one is OE, I plan on using a clear zinc one and put this one aside to look into later.

Alan

The cast one on now is a hardware store one from 10 years ago. As I recall the OE one stripped out.

-
Back