What do YOU want in a new wiring harness?

-
Lol. Its ok, i asked.
Nope, cant follow all the posts on all the boards. Just havnt the time for it. Shoot, i have to do the vast majority of my online activity on the go with i phone that is prolly smarter than the user. (how the heck do i get this dang thing to post pics?)
The stories i can tell bout guys having me build $10-$15k motors and wanting to cry poverty pocket on other areas. Like brakes, beating in a set of $150 headers, or being able to STEER the thing in a straight line....
Thanks again for all suggestions, and if any more come to mind please post them.

I recently had an engine fire, which toasted the harness. I am redoing everything my way and I agree with Joe, weather pack and mini fuses would be awesome. Bulkhead connectors are a problem waiting to happen, I am running all the wire to the engine/ lights conncted directly, no bulkhead conncetor. I have spliced/ soldered/ heat shrink and taped everything. The wires are a bigger gauge than factory. Joe your right about if it is not 150.00 or lower nobody will be interested except hi end restorers... Just want a direct replacement with all the modern goodies....

any of the kits ive looked at that are complete, are pushing at or over 400 bucks,,so far i like the ron francis kit, not sure when im going to get to that project,, but my cuda needs a complete re wire

My guess would be to make a harness as close to original as possible to have something that is mass marketable.
I personally would never buy a manufactured harness as it needs to be modified to each applications non stock modifications.
I don't like the painless or similar kits as I feel they are of barely adequate quality and can be improved upon very easily. Price for what you get is not good at all.
I custom build my harnesses to each car using top quality wire, supplies and techniques. This is what works for me without problems down the road. This method takes more time,
looks tidy and neat and appears as original or nonoriginal as you choose. Also very economical for hands on type. Most important you are in complete control of the quality and fit. I can depend on it always.

A hot young disease free willin blonde that comes in the box, installs it for me and leaves me with a happy endin.

-
Back