What does everyone do for a living?

-
I work for my fathers Tree and landscape business during the day and work at a Honda dealer (sorry) detailing cars at night.

I'm a boiler plant operator for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the past 8 years. Before that I installed/repaired boilers and furnaces in residential homes. Prior to that I was in the Air Force as a heating systems tech.

I am a tech at Painless Wiring. I answer phones all day and tell people what they are doing wrong and how to fix it. You won't believe how hard it can be sometimes. Specially when they have no idea what they are looking at.

year 3 with IT distributor. Started in inside sales, then account development and was recently promoted to a product management position.

By day I am a Truss designer for a smaller truss plant in Northeast Ohio. In the evening I wrench on cars in my garage and do side construction jobs to help fund the Duster.

IM 22 and still in school in California. I have a loving girlfriend of 5 years and i work 40+ hours a week at ARP (Automotive Racing Products). My position is Specialty Products Coordinator and ive been there for 6 months. I help those in need of fasteners that we do not stock regularly. Im still learning a lot about fasteners, even though i know a decent amount about automotive technology. This is the field i hope to be in for a long while, as i hope o build myself here or move on down the road to something greater and bigger.

I recently retired when my corporation gave me an GREAT incentive to leave. During my career I did software and hardware design, network engineering as well as systems design and my favorite.... proving to equipment manufacturers that their advertised capacities were way off. Now I play with my cars, do a lot of flyfishing, hiking, photography, shooting, traveling and whatever else I feel like.

Im 22 and still in school, have a loving girlfriend of 5 years, and work 40+ hours a week at ARP. I am one of two Specialty Products Coordinators. Basically, i help get people what they need when the fasteners they want aren't stocked items. I really enjoy it, and even though im still learning a lot about fasteners, its still fun. I want to be in the auotmotive field, especially aftermarket and performance. I plan to build myself from here. Im in Southern California.

lawndart360 said:
Police Officer - Hence Law-n-Dart!

Is that what it means, I thought your name made reference to an outside game from the 60's and 70's "Lawn Darts" were you tried to throw a oversided dart into a ring laying on the ground.

Chuck

Actually - I had also comtemplated that as well, having a sublime theme at one point, I don't think there is a color I haven't considered! As far as the 360 part, also have a 383 to consider!

demon seed said:
Started out as a Millwright now I'm a Technical Field Service Rep. for Siemens Westinghouse (please no seaman jokes) and I instruct customers on overhauling existing turbines and compressors. I also manage the installation of new units all coming from our German factories (please no german jokes). I used to be with Delaval out of Trenton New Jersey before Siemens bought us out and now we've all been Siemenized (thats my joke).

PS, can you tell I've only got 2 yrs. left in this racket, I think the
Refineries are getting to me.

Terry

So how did you swallow the change? O:)

I work as a Rep for Aviall, aircraft and aerospace parts. Did 17 years of work in electronic sales before, I don't miss it a bit.

flyboy01 said:
So how did you swallow the change? O:)

Not well working for the square heads (my parents are German so I can say that) but as I said I have 2 years left then early retirement.

Hello All
Been Doing Visual Effects out in LA for the past 15 years.

18 years as a Master Tech for independent shops and the last 6 as an automotive instuctor 2 at a High School and the last 4 at UTI.

I was an engineer, supervisor and a program manager during my 24 years in sheet metal fabrication. The last 2 years were with a manufacturer who made sets for bands, tv and did all sorts of trade show stuff, lots for Red Bull. Chucked it all away over a year ago and now work as an operator for a memory chip manufacturer. Didn't need the stress anymore...and only work 14 12 hour shifts a month.

Student...well sort of haha...Had an emergency with the family and now live somewhere far from my usual home...in SOCAL Had to cancel my second semester of college...and now Im just sort of planing what to do...while working with my uncle at Alllens Tire Company which I like because anything dealing with cars and mechanics and tools makes me happy haha...

So you can say Im fresher than the fresh here and I would really apreciate some words of advise and roads I can take...I graduated from high school with honors but that doesnt mean I enjoy the whole study my *** idea in a University unless its dealing with something I want to work in the future. =/

I am a retired Plant Engineering Manager from United Parcel Service. Had to retire due to A massive Heart Attack in 1995. I guess I am sort of like the Energizer Bunny!!Still going,going,going and playing with the cars! VROOM VROOM VROOM! LOL Been playing with cars ever since I could push them,and damned If I ain't still pushing them sometimes! :scratch:

-
Back