What does everyone do for a living?

-
Ive Been Working For Uhaul In The Repair End Of The Company. FOR ALMOST 30 YEARSas Long As People Keep Renting Them Ill Keep Fixing Them, Doesnt Pay A Whole Lot Of Money But I Wont Die Of Hunger Either.

Bob

ElephantKiller said:
I thought that video sounded familiar. I had to watch a training video in Engine Performance Class about that same process. It was even a Chrysler Training Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbVY5teBzlg

By the way, I write Operator's Manuals for Massey Ferguson, Gleaner, and Challenger combines.
wow that video just blew me away.. :-| :scratch:

im 18 and still in school, so i just have a local fast food job, hopefully one day i will own my own body shop :)

Studying to be a machine engineer, will hopefully take my master in material science and mechanics in 2009 :read2: :D

Currently work for Toyota in Princeton Indiana building Tundra's (hey, it pays the bills, and allows me to spend more $$$ on the Duster!)
Prior to that I worked @ Jasper Engines in the Diesel Dyno for 7 years.
And before that, I was in the Air Force for 20 years all around the world (in Vehicle Maintenance-Heavy Equipment.
Prior to that I worked 1/2 days @ a Union '76 gas station while in High school, for 2 years.

For the last 4 years or so I've been a full time Air Guard/Reserve "Bum". Currently wasting my college education as a C-130 Flight Engineer for an AF Reserve unit.

I am a furniture/cabinetmaker/custom woodworker by trade, have a B.S. in Construction Management, and have several years experience in the administration of large public works (roadway and bridge) contracts. I have also generated paychecks as an automove and aircraft mechanic; road construction inspector; wrecker, moving van, truck, bus and forklift driver; warehouseman and roofer. I renovate old houses and cars "for fun and profit" and generally have absolutely no clue what I want to do when I grow up. Building wooden sailboats sound like a wonderful way not to make much money...

Evildrken said:
I don't like being Attacked like this.... And I even feel weird having to defend my self.... So you guys never watch car films?.....none?....Do you hate seeing mopars in films?....Maybe you just think cars should sit around at car shows getting polished?....And do you think that the cars in films become worthless after they film them?....who wants one of those cars? It was in a movie............Look I love my job. I feel lucky I got in it when I did. Mopars are in films because they are the most bad-*** cars around...not because people want to see them get destroyed....My best friend growing up had a 68 Barracuda and still does....My wife learned to drive in a 67 that her parents bought new...her brother still has a formula S..I was sooooooo happy to find a site on A-bodies. There are some great people on here. but I have never seen someone be such an AS%&^&

dude, i think you are gettin a little worked up. I am sure the other dude was just kidding.

As far as me, I was picking on you solely for the way you stated your rebuttal, I simply asked a question in which you still did not answer, I am genuinely curious if you are trying to say that the cars were not actually harmed, because that is the way you make it sound.

no need to get your panties in a wad. I do agree with everyone else BTW.

This has been an interesting thread. I've done so many things... Now, I'm close to retirement (2 years to go) with USDA as a farm banker.
Cal

I own a limousine company and a taxi company and operate a repair shop- two mechanics, seven office staff and 80 plus drivers............... :sleepy3:
Daryl

i am working as an apprentice aircraft maintenance engineer for a company on the northend of vancouver island. before that i was in the grocery industry for 15 years.

-
Back