What does FABO think of this Scamp?

-

Ken_B

Reaction score
Been thinking about going to look at this car, price seems a little high to me, but maybe I'm wrong. I know the pictures in the ad arent great so for all practical reasons lets say the car is as described, probably in good driver condition. The price high, low, just right? What do you guys think?

Edit: Pulled the CL link

I say you better jump on that if you have interest in a duster.

If it's as described with all of that work done and truly is rust free, I'm thinking that's a fair price.

With that said, I would look it over real good, run a magnet over the body etc just to see if there is any bad spots. Look at the frame sections real good etc.

It is listed OBO, go there with 2800 in hand and see what happens.

Too much snow on it for me :D, but I like it. If it's as described and has the "extra" pedal with a floor shift, I'd definitely look at it.

Its in NY and its rust free? they probally wont charge you extra for the rust then......

Seems like a decent price to me. But hard to tell from two pictures and covered in snow.

Go check it out.

There are two similar cars in the Denver area right now. A 73 and a 74, both are priced at $5500, an neither is selling.

Been thinking about going to look at this car, price seems a little high to me, but maybe I'm wrong. I know the pictures in the ad arent great so for all practical reasons lets say the car is as described, probably in good driver condition. The price high, low, just right? What do you guys think?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4384310752.html
u

im in Puyallup, Wa. you had better go get this car before the weekend or im gonna lol.

If there's no rust, and it's not a bondo bucket (bring a magnet like bad sport said) I'd say it's a fair price. OBO means cash talks, wave $2900 dollars at the guy and he'll take it.

I like it, and the price seems more than fair! A lot to be said for just Gerri g in and enjoying it!! Geof

If it's what it says it is then it seems like a nice car in great colors.
What else can you buy and drive for that price?

If you like it,and it is as described and is rust free,then I wouldnt wait if I had the funds,at OBO leaves door open for dickering...but now you put hundreds more eyes on it it wont last long,better get while the gettings good...seen worse for more money...and rust free is worth alot especially running and driving all original....run forest run

If you like it,and it is as described and is rust free,then I wouldnt wait if I had the funds,at OBO leaves door open for dickering...but now you put hundreds more eyes on it it wont last long,better get while the gettings good...seen worse for more money...and rust free is worth alot especially running and driving all original....run forest run

lol

im in Puyallup, Wa. you had better go get this car before the weekend or im gonna lol.
I'm in Poulsbo, even closer...

...but now you put hundreds more eyes on it it wont last long,better get while the gettings good...

If I were in the market, I'd be looking at that car this afternoon. Seems like a real nice DD. Unfortunately I don't have Jay Leno's bank account or garage...

Talked to the guy today, going to look at it after I get off work tomorrow. Hopefully it works out.

I hate when people delete the link

00R0R_c0MYJa32MzP_600x450.jpg

1974 Plymouth title : clean

I have been into old cars and worked as a mechanic and in the classic car business for a long time. this is my friend in NY car and she wants to sell. she drove it when she lived in Seattle for a long time. I have seen many old darts and scamps and this is one of the best original condition examples I ahve seen. I had the head rebuilt with hardened valve seats, front seat recovered. the paint is all original! in was buffed and waxed a couple years ago so is definitely due for it again. Its been sitting here at my house since i did all the work last year and I start it up nad drive it around occasionaly. always starts. Rust Free, Red with Black vinyl top, 2 door, slant 6, factory 3 on the floor! Front end rebuilt, good brakes, needs wiper blades and a muffler.

Well shes not coming home with me, cars just not as described. About half of the rubber side trim is gone, the top is in poor shape peeling and some rust starting, the trunk is wet and leaks, the defrost does not work, the rear windows dont roll down, the paint is ok, but there are a few dents in it, while it drives well it does not idle right and takes quite a bit of finess to get it to take off from a stop. While it is a solid car, its not quite what I am looking for.

-
Back