What does the A46 molding package on the 69-71 Darts include?

-

Restomod

Reaction score
I am wondering what the A46 package includes. Are there extra moldings included, or is this perhaps the Swinger package?

My Demon has the A46 package and included the belt molding trim on top of the doors plus the wheel opening and rocker trim. the car also had Chrome on the scoops , Mirrors and grille surround. But I think the A46 was the belt chrome above the side windows. because my other cars Data plate lists the other chrome separately. This is the only chrome that differs for the A46 on this car

loaded orange demon c 001.jpg

Since the Swinger in 70 and 71 was the low trim option (VIN starts with LL23) it makes sense that people would trim them out by buying extra trim options. On my Dart Custom which is the high trim option (VIN starts with LH23) it came with belt molding, side molding, grille surround molding, trunk lid edge trim, SS molding at the top of the door panels, and fancier dash bezels and 2 tone interior.

Likewise..............Figured the Darts got the chrome bezel and 340 callout, while the Demons were black with no callout.
All 70 340 swingers were Chrome. The Demon the Chrome was an option. The car pictured above was bought from the original owner It is a 2 tag car. Every option except AC. The car was originally orange. He street raced the car and painted it green because it had a reputation with the local police. It was a 340 six pack but I never confirmed if it was a GSS.

loaded Demon orange d 001.jpg

Loaded Demon orange g 001.jpg

The car I am asking about is an LM23 69 Dart. It has wheel lip moldings, but doesn't appear to have had rocker or door belt moldings.

The A codes are packages with more than one thing in it.
A46 says moldings 69-71:

upper door frame (interior)
drip rail
grille surround
wheel lip
deck lid lower

sounds like a 70-71 dart thing with grill surround and lower deck lid mouldings.

demon scoop trim standard was black with chrome as an option. The scoops never came without trim on them.

I just found an original brochure that stated the Decor group for the Swinger 340 included drip rail and wheel lip moldings, which is consistent with this car. What is surprising is that the drip rail moldings are also on the fender tag, code M21.

-
Back