Reaction score
Memphis Motorsports Park - Memphis, TN
Gateway International - St. Louis, MO
Virginia Motorsports - St. Petersburg, VA
Maryland International - Budds Creek, MD
Capital Raceway - Crofton, MD
75-80 - Urbana, MD
Mason-Dixon - Hagerstown, MD

I've only raced at a dragstrip once, and that was at Houston Raceway Park in Baytown. I'd like to do it a bunch more...

Lions Drag Strip- Long Beach, Ca-gone decades ago :afro: :thumleft:
the original Irwindale drag strip- Irwindale, Ca. also gone :cry:
LA county raceway- Palmdale, Ca :thumrigh:
Famoso dragway- Bracket Nationals- Bakersfeild, Ca -Semi Finals 2 years in a row :thumleft:
Hope I did not date myself :eek:ops:

Maple Groe Raceway , Pa., Cecil County, Maryland ., Island Dragway, N.J. , and Numidia, Pa., when they decide to open???

Long Island Motorsports Park - Long Island (duh), NY
Englishtown, NJ (my new home track)
Atco Raceway, NJ

Drag Racing in the late 50's early 60's
Bremerton, WA
Ellensburg, WA
Seattle International Raceway
Puyallup Raceway
Deer Park Raceway
:eek:ops:

Road Racing in the 70's, 80's and 90's
Daytona International Raceway
Sebring International Raceway
Portland International Raceway
Edmonton Raceway
Brainard International Raceway
Trois Riveres Circuit
Road America
Road Atlanta
Limerock International Raceway
Westwood Circuit
Seattle International Raceway
Mid-Ohio Raceway
St. Louis International Raceway
Deer Park Raceway
Laguna Seca Raceway
Sears Point Raceway
Indianapolis Raceway
Hutchison Raceway
Mid-America Raceway

:king:

The worst track ever created-Spokane Raceway :x (No traction) and just a poorly maintained track.

And the Mecca....Pomona!!!!

Orlando Speedworld - Bithlo, Florida (while I was at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in 1983)
Lebanon Valley Dragway - New Lebanon, New York (Every week for Pure Street points and Mopar, Nostalgia, Muscle or Street car events))
Island Dragway - Great Meadows, New Jersey (Occasional T&T or Mopar and nostalgia events)
Old Bridge Township Raceway Park - Englishtown, New Jersey (Mopar and nostalgia events, too crowded, stopped going two years ago)

I just raced Pure Street Wednesday night, slept (3 hours maybe) on the floor of the trailer in front of the car, (hey Sledgehammer that cot is HUGE. There wasn't enough room in the trailer to open it), changed the oil, swapped the battery, ran Test and Tune, drove home, took a 45 minute nap, went and worked some overtime, caught up on the message boards, and now I better take a shower.

Ran an [email protected] last night, best so far this year, unfortunately on a 11.95 dial-in. Best ever was 11.88@113 last September with bullet mufflers and 5 gals. of gas. For Pure Street I run Dynomax Turbo (11lbs heavier) and I have been running a full fuel cell, 16 gals.

I believe they called it "Deer Park Raceway" when I raced there (Spokane). It was an old runway and it would really eat up the tires. I used to take all of my old tires over there and use them up. Those were the good ol' days! :drunken:

I want to go drag racing at Woodburn. What do I need to do to go to the street races they hold on Friday afternoon/evenings? What do I need for safety and ? I want to take both of my cars out there just to see what they will do. I cannot believe that I am going drag racing after being out of the sport for 44 years! This ol'man is crazy!

I agree Baylands was the best, too bad they shut it down. My Dad took me to all the big races going on there when I was a kid. Something I'll never forget, and something I've started to do with my own kids.

I remembered another track from the past... Bayview Raceway. I raced there in 1960. It was just outside of Seattle. (It's all homes now) I remember a track promotion that they had one year. They were giving away a full-race Hemi. Everyone bought tickets and you had to be there to claim your prize. They did this after the last race was over. Everyone gathered around the finish line... The announcer said, "And the winner is Joe Blow!" Joe started his pick-up and backed it up about 30' to load the Hemi. Everyone groaned, "It's a set up. Fix, Fix, Fix!" I did not think Joe (whatever his name was) was ever going to get out of the place. People were really up in arms about this deal. He turned out to be an employee at the raceway. Not very smart of the promoters.

Just so you guys know, I was a Mopor guy even then. I had a 50 Merc Club Coupe with a '57 Dodge Semi-Hemi tri-powered engine. I won the E-gas Inland Empire Championship with that car. After "Westside Story", Merc's were very cool cars. Especially black ones! :wink:

BBLM...man that is hardcore.....I will be doing some of that in the next few weeks. I plan on buying one of those air matresses from Costco or Walmart for my trailer.

Now all I need is a used RV airconditioning unit for the trailer and a bigger generator! Then I will be in total comfort. :king:

Ubly MI and in orlando FL can't remember the name but track SUCKED looked like glass and felt like ice when racing. Ubly is just a little mom and pop drag way but they do a good job prepping the track.

Eddyville Dragway - Eddyville Ia 1/8

Humbolt raceway - Humbolt Ia was 1/4 now 1/8

Corhusker - Omaha Neb 1/4 now gone

Anita Raceway Park - Anita Ia 1/4

Cordova Raceway - cordova Ill. 1/4

Brainard - Brainard Minn. 1/4

I 70 Drag-o-way - Witchata Kan 1/4

Flight line 22 @ McConnel AFB - Witchata Kan 1/4 (Local races on the base)

ran all of these between 69- 74 with my 69 Hemi Roadrunner set AHRA classs record for F1/ESA dropped from 9.15 to 8.02 (but could run well into the hi 6's to low 7's)

New York National Speedway on Long Island, N.Y. ( I'm showing my age....the tracks been gone for 30+ yrs) and Englishtown in Old Bridge Township, N.J. Racing, of all things.... my wife's GTI
hapy0004.gif

-
Back