What else will my dash fit?

-

blue missile

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals,
my interchange book says that my dash insert will only fit in 1973 Dusters, Demons, Darts and Valiants. I know thats a crock, what other years and models will it fit?
Andrew

its a 73 duster with the gauge pod similar to the rally one but simpler.
My question is related to the cut out in the metal dash. I know there is a bunch of them that are interchangable.
Andrew

I know with a little fab work you can make any of them fit, and I know you are pretty good at fabing stuff up.

From 1972 thru 1976 the Clusters will all FIT in the hole but.....
There are some minor differences such as Seat Belt Light, Check EGR(?), and
Speedometer MPH/KPH (IE: 120, 100 or 140 MPH Certified (1976 A38 Package only), and 180 or 200 KPH).
Then in 1976 models they changed the Altermator from it's own separate Wiring to part of the Circut Board Pinout.
Also there was the Trim colors... Most are Woodgrain painted Brown, early Fleet/Police Darts had the Woodgrain painted Black, Then in 1976 the Black was a Pebble Grain Overlay.

Slant6dan... This pretty much covers this yes?

Hope this helped,
Later,
Bruce B.

Guys thanks for the input I knew I could count on you guys for good info. Yes I was talking just about fitting in the hole. My part in this would be supplying him with blank Carbon shells that fit in the hole His would be the gauges, layout and functions.
Thanks again
Andrew
PS; once this is done I will be looking for other shells to extend the reach into the MoPar family. other As and Bs, Es, etc

If it is just a "Blank Shell" the application is:
ALL A Bodies 1972 and up.
Easy enough!

Later,
Bruce B.

-
Back