What engine emblems came on 67 Darts?

-

CultClassik

Reaction score
I have a 67 GT convertible that was a 273-2bbl. It says "V8" on the fender. I am kind of a fan of having cubic inches stated there instead of engine type.

In 67 did they only say V8? I've seen a couple (273 Four Barrel and Commando something) but don't know if they were correct or how they should be installed (i.e., same place as the V8 or other..).

Thanks in advance gurus!

You 273 2 BBL would have had a V8 as yours does.
The other 2 were 272 4 BBL and 383 4 BBL.

Attachments

• 273_4_Barrel.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 383Emblem.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 109
Usually, only the high compression 4 barrel engines got displacement call outs.
Other V8s got...er, uh..."V8".

Some Plymouth big block 2 barrels got "Commando V8" emblems (as opposed to the 4 barrel "Super Commando").

Sweet, thanks guys. I finally did find some pics and it looks like the 273 emblem goes where my V-8 one is. Just wanted to switch to something that would be correct for the car. Always like the cubic inch badges, especially the small ones. Especially when that's not exactly what's under the hood!

Sweet, thanks guys. I finally did find some pics and it looks like the 273 emblem goes where my V-8 one is. Just wanted to switch to something that would be correct for the car. Always like the cubic inch badges, especially the small ones. Especially when that's not exactly what's under the hood!

The "273 FOUR BARREL" emblem is not a direct swap for the "V8" emblem. You have to drill one extra hole, and it doesn't matter which end you drill new, the "273 FOUR BARREL" emblem won't cover the old hole.

Ask me how I know....

Yeah I figured as much. I can worry about that at paint time. That new TIG is gonna come in handy lol.

Funny, that was one of my "must have" when I rebuilt my 273! And of course they stayed on after it blew up and got replaced with a 360. Go to it!

-
Back