What Engine?

-

68fishbowl

Young Gun
Reaction score
My dad just bought either a 1962 or a 1964 (he forgets which one it is) Chrysler NewYorker, I was wondering what engines came in NewYorkers in those years. He says its a 383, but he wasn't sure. The only time he saw it was in the dark, and we were hoping that he miss saw it and it is a bigger engine, so we were just wondering what other options it could be. He says it has a push button trans, and its a fourdoor. Will post pics asap.
Cris

it still could be any of the three i would lean towards the 413 hell it mite Even be a 426 wedge.??? is the block is under the a.c if you can see it.

My dad just bought either a 1962 or a 1964 (he forgets which one it is) Chrysler NewYorker, I was wondering what engines came in NewYorkers in those years. He says its a 383, but he wasn't sure. The only time he saw it was in the dark, and we were hoping that he miss saw it and it is a bigger engine, so we were just wondering what other options it could be. He says it has a push button trans, and its a fourdoor. Will post pics asap.
Cris
According to my book (Motor's Manual) New Yorker = 413. Newport = 361. 300 (non letter) = 383. 300 letter = 413.

Thats what I was thinking Bayyum! This is our first C-Body so I am excited to finally get it home, and take a good look at it.

okay it turns out that he car is a 64 New Yorker, I am having troubles decoding the vin tho. The VIN reads 8343198756. Any help would greatly be welcomed, will post pics tomorrow.

-
Back