What ET should my Duster be running?

-
Thanks for following up. Lots of folks never do.
The timing fix is easy and essential.
Is your compression really 9.2? Was it checked? Even if it is, that's not much.
Don't give in to N2o or more mods until you get what you have right.

Absolutely! Want to make sure everything is sorted before I do anything else.

Pistons are down the bores around 70-80 thou, flat tops and 84cc heads milled down 50 thou. So I reckon it would be roughly around that.

In addition to getting the pistons to the top of the deck as was mentioned, port the bejesus out of the heads . You want to have between .034 and .043 clearance between the top of the piston and top of the head.

Piston to Valve clearance might be an issue. Ive got Mopar Perf Purple 484 cam in the Duster and do want to put a bigger cam in it but understand I need to sort out compression first and the like. Get the block decked or new pistons with relief to push compression up. I'd love to get compression up around 11.0:1 if I can...

Get the block decked or new pistons with relief to push compression up. I'd love to get compression up around 11.0:1 if I can...

thats easy, it just takes a boat load of money and time unfortunately and if it was me, i would port those heads when they are off if you really want to haul ***, but thats another big chunk of money.

thats easy, it just takes a boat load of money and time unfortunately and if it was me, i would port those heads when they are off if you really want to haul ***, but thats another big chunk of money.

I've got a virgin bore 440 bottom end at home. Im better off just building a new 440 bottom end I reckon.

I would. And then get fatter tires to handle the extra torque.....

Following, as I am throwing a 440 in my Demon. Ill have around the same CR, stock bore, flat tops, 440 source stealth heads(no work done), 21-224-4 comp cam, stock rockers, push rods, stock ignition, TTI 1 3/4" headers, Eddy performer 440 intake, 4 speed, 3.91s, and for now 235/60/15 street tires. I know I will blow the tires off extremely bad but have to run them for now.

Cant wait to hear what you end up with!! Good luck with the tinkering!

-
Back