what frame mounted fuel pump to use

-

70blackfish

Reaction score
what frame mounted fuel pump to use on a 2011 6.4 ??

any pictures of your installs?

Walbro GSL 392

null_zps368b6916.jpg

Another option is to use a kit like the Tanks in-tank module:

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=84/mode=prod/prd84.htm

You can add that to your stock tank. This gives you just one fuel pump to deal with and it is submersed inside the tank in the gas which keeps it cooler and cuts down on noise.

Pretty much what all the OEM uses (In tank) and is proven reliable .

Pic of one I just did on a hemi project

Attachments

• 20140926_182856.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 513
Yeah, I'd highly suggest the in-tank option. I had a frame mounted pump for my carb for a while and it was so noisy you could hear it over the exhaust. When I went fuel injection I swapped to an in-tank pump to keep the noise down.

Yeah, I'd highly suggest the in-tank option. I had a frame mounted pump for my carb for a while and it was so noisy you could hear it over the exhaust. When I went fuel injection I swapped to an in-tank pump to keep the noise down.
Same here. The Edelbrock pump I bought was supposed to be "quiet". Not sure how they define "quiet" but it really was obnoxious! Put the pump inside the gas tank if at all possible.

Same here. The Edelbrock pump I bought was supposed to be "quiet". Not sure how they define "quiet" but it really was obnoxious! Put the pump inside the gas tank if at all possible.

was that the carb pump? I had a summit red carb pump.(off label edelbrock). It was louder than everything in the car. the GSL392 is sorta quiet, but still noticeable.

There is also the option that superdve used on his 2jz scamp:
mustang%20tank%20%28Medium%29%20%28Small%29.jpg

Its a trunk mounted mustang tank, setup for efi. Reasonably priced too:
http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/p...t_id=345/category_id=145/mode=prod/prd345.htm

I'm thinking of doing it in the near future.

I ended up with a Carter carb pump on mine for a while that was tolerance with extra rubber isolation, but still not ideal.

No noise at all, none, from this GSL 395 (TBI application) install:
i-ggtF8QF-M.jpg

Sometimes I wish that it made some noise so that I could hear when it was and wasn't running.

No noise at all, none, from this GSL 395 (TBI application) install:
i-ggtF8QF-M.jpg
Sometimes I wish that it made some noise so that I could hear when it was and wasn't running.
I also run the walbro gsl 392 it is almost silent I also use a aeromotive bypass reg with it the pump is 95.00 ...well spent money and will support 650 hp .

Walbro GSL 392
null_zps368b6916.jpg
I used a Carter on my non fuel injected Hemi. They are tough. It has 60,000 miles of heat, cold, rain, snow, salt, coal fly, and it keeps going without an issue. Currently it looks like a hunk of rust. The pump in the above photos is the higher pressure version for fuel injection, but it looks like the same case. On the other hand, previously I had a Holley, it's only job was to make 6.5 lbs of pressure, and after 2 yrs, the bottom seal exploded, and fuel sprayed everywhere. Carter makes good stuff.

The carter I use is the 4600HP- the low pressure version. The guy who 'made' the JPEG I posted probably posted the wrong one in the bottom of the pic (black one).

The carb one (4600hp) is better as a lift pump. Doesn't need a regulator.

I'm with you on loving the carter. It's a tank.

Intank if you live in Texas it's freaking hot down here. do not want to be laying on side of road frying changing that out.

-
Back