What fuel line fits the Edelbrock 1404 ?

-

RandyB

Reaction score
I’m going to be getting the Edelbrock 1404 carburetor and want to make sure I purchase the right connections for the fuel line. Unlike the Holley 2300 Which I had a lot of trouble getting one to fit.

I’m going to be getting the Edelbrock 1404 carburetor and want to make sure I purchase the right connections for the fuel line. Unlike the Holley 2300 Which I had a lot of trouble getting one to fit.
Hi Randy,
Please check out my archive post “Easy fix for 5/16 fuel line to 3/8 banjo fitting on Edelbrock 1406”. Use the “search forum” tab to find it. Hope it helps you solve your solution.
Take Care,
Greg

Hi Randy,
Please check out my archive post “Easy fix for 5/16 fuel line to 3/8 banjo fitting on Edelbrock 1406”. Use the “search forum” tab to find it. Hope it helps you solve your solution.
Take Care,
Greg

Greg, that sounds like a pretty cool fix, but I'm stupid. You got any pictures?

Greg, that sounds like a pretty cool fix, but I'm stupid. You got any pictures?
Sorry Rob, but I never took any pictures. I’ll see if I can remember to take some today after I finish all the chores and yard work. How’s that breathing machine I sent you to dry your engine air passages working out? Regards to you and Miss Kitty.
Greg

Sorry Rob, but I never took any pictures. I’ll see if I can remember to take some today after I finish all the chores and yard work. How’s that breathing machine I sent you to dry your engine air passages working out? Regards to you and Miss Kitty.
Greg
I didn’t know what size fuel line a 1404 took... I’m sure Fragola has Proper size fittings for the 1404 also...

Greg

That would be cool. Thanks. Ha! would you believe I've actually used it for that and it works good. I have to put a small hole in "the other side" to allow the air an "out" but it does work! lol

I didn’t know what size fuel line a 1404 took... I’m sure Fragola has Proper size fittings for the 1404 also...
I have a Carter super pump with the 1/4 NPT. I tried to use the Edelbrock/Russel flexible line. The hose end was huge! Then came the fine print... ugh! What a pain!
A Fragnola 90* fitting came into play. It screwed into the Carter pump. I took the big end off of the Russel fitting which allowed me to use the rest of the line directly to the Fragnola fitting.
image.jpg

Greg
Rob,
Here’s the picture of the setup. I have Jegs thermal covering over the metal fuel lines to cut down engine heat boiling the fuel...it works good. The Fragola fitting is the black piece on the right. Read my original “Easy fix”thread with my setup.I guess I didn’t explain it correctly because one member couldn’t understand how it could work in the way I wrote it up. I’m glad he questioned it because other members probably wouldn’t have understood it either. I explained it better in the next post and then he understood it. Greg
@RustyRatRod

8D6F0A0D-9AC1-4E07-8034-8D85B4208D23.jpeg

-
Back