What fuel pump are you guys using for FITECH?

-

evans68cuda

Reaction score
I just bought a fitech unit and fuel command center off my buddy yesterday, never opened it but I’d rather just run an electric fuel pump. I want an in-line pump so I don’t have to remove the fuel tank. I think the throttle body has an integral fuel pressure regulator? So then what all would I need to just use an inline pump? I know fitech has an option for this, but It’s kinda expensive and I’d rather use a trusted brand name anyways. I was not entirely set on fitech in the first place, but I got a good deal so I figured I’d try it out.

I just bought a fitech unit and fuel command center off my buddy yesterday, never opened it but I’d rather just run an electric fuel pump. I want an in-line pump so I don’t have to remove the fuel tank. I think the throttle body has an integral fuel pressure regulator? So then what all would I need to just use an inline pump? I know fitech has an option for this, but It’s kinda expensive and I’d rather use a trusted brand name anyways. I was not entirely set on fitech in the first place, but I got a good deal so I figured I’d try it out.
Following

Thanks for the response! Would I need to get a new sending unit? And is the 5/16 kind going to be ok?

No need for another sending unit, since it is an external pump. The 5/16 will be just fine.

Cool! And so then how would I go about a return line?

**** if I know. I don't even know what car, engine or anything else we're talkin about here. Does your sending unit have a vent nipple you can use for a return or just a supply nipple?

**** if I know. I don't even know what car, engine or anything else we're talkin about here. Does your sending unit have a vent nipple you can use for a return or just a supply nipple?
It’s a 68 barracuda with 340 and stock tank. I’m not sure about the vent, but I thought you were not supposed to do that because it’ll crest air bubbles in the tank right before it go to the pickup. Maybe I can run it returnless

I used the Fi Tech external pump with my Holley Sniper set up. It was noisy, hard to find a good place to mount and does need a return line so you're probably pulling the tank. I ended up going with a Tanks Inc set up and it works great. If your not sure on the Fi Tech, use the command center, all you do is add a vent line, I think, and make sure you're happy with it. Then you can change up your pump set up if you want.
Or.. I have a tank with return line, two Fi Tech external pumps (like new) pre-filters and fittings ready to go. Make me an offer, maybe you'll have better luck than me with them.

545E1BE9-AE6E-4B31-8240-0939803903B1.jpeg
I used the Fi Tech external pump with my Holley Sniper set up. It was noisy, hard to find a good place to mount and does need a return line so you're probably pulling the tank. I ended up going with a Tanks Inc set up and it works great. If your not sure on the Fi Tech, use the command center, all you do is add a vent line, I think, and make sure you're happy with it. Then you can change up your pump set up if you want.
Or.. I have a tank with return line, two Fi Tech external pumps (like new) pre-filters and fittings ready to go. Make me an offer, maybe you'll have better luck than me with them.
I Was thinking of getting a fitech efi myself, was thinking about going with this tank.

I am using a walboro fuel pump.

I ran the fitech fuel hose from my pump to the carb. I used the old fuel line as a return.

I have a fitting at the bottom of my tank to supply fuel.
The sending unit I bent the pickup upwards and hooked the return to that. The air goes to the top of the tank and fuel is sucked from bottom.

The external pumps don't suck very well but they can pump well.
Mount the pump as low as possible and as close as possible to the tank.

I do need to upgrade from the 600 hp unit to the 800 hp unit.
I will make a deal for someone.

I am using a walboro fuel pump.

I ran the fitech fuel hose from my pump to the carb. I used the old fuel line as a return.

I have a fitting at the bottom of my tank to supply fuel.
The sending unit I bent the pickup upwards and hooked the return to that. The air goes to the top of the tank and fuel is sucked from bottom.

The external pumps don't suck very well but they can pump well.
Mount the pump as low as possible and as close as possible to the tank.

I do need to upgrade from the 600 hp unit to the 800 hp unit.
I will make a deal for someone.
What unit dodgedifferent2

FE0EFFCF-74EC-4CBA-80DF-F716A522CF18.png
I’m running The Fitech mean street on my 383 along with the tank that Josh posted above. I’m running the Aeromotive 340 intank pump and you do have to have a return line if you’re not using the command center. Just make sure you’re using a good fuel line as anything with ethanol will cause the line to get soft and start leaking.

Last edited:
View attachment 1715124238 I’m running The Fitech mean street on my 383 along with the tank that Josh posted above. I’m running the Aeromotive 340 intank pump and you do have to have a return line if you’re not using the command center. Just make sure you’re using a good fuel line as anything with ethanol will cause the line to get soft and start leaking.
You wouldn’t happen to have any pictures of the tank and lines would you? Did you have to cut the trunk fit the lines? How did you run the return line??

You wouldn’t happen to have any pictures of the tank and lines would you? Did you have to cut the trunk fit the lines? How did you run the return line??
I won’t be able to get any pics now as I have removed the lines and I’m gonna run them in through the firewall and factory console and then make connections in the trunk. I took the original fuel line off and ran them the same route as the original. I didn’t cut anything to make it work...I used this to hook the lines to the tank and it low profile so it went in the no problems.

16E84CC9-58E0-43A8-ADD3-6ED6B57DBEBF.png

X2 on the tanks inc. setup. You wont regret it at all and for all the problems that people seem to be having with the FCC, it's a walk in the park with the in tank pump. If you don't want to run a return line you don't have to either, just use the filter/regulator combo unit off a Corvette, there should be plenty available around the place.

X2 on the tanks inc. setup. You wont regret it at all and for all the problems that people seem to be having with the FCC, it's a walk in the park with the in tank pump. If you don't want to run a return line you don't have to either, just use the filter/regulator combo unit off a Corvette, there should be plenty available around the place.
X3 on the Tanks Inc setup. Works great, you get a great looking tank and sending unit and all of the needed fittings are already there.

I'm pretty sure when I was talking to Johnny at Pace, he told me the new pumps these days can just be mounted on the chassis rail, they have enough capacity in them to be able to pull fuel out of the tank so long as it's not too much higher than the tank.

-
Back