What goes in the holes in my RPM Air Gap Intake?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
Now I think the hole on the right is for the temp gauge, the center big one is obviously radiator, the one under the big hole goes to the water pump, the one one the left of the big hole goes to the heater core, and the one to the farthest left gets closed up???? by what??

Thanks? I've never done this before.

DSC012382.jpg

So I got all the holes right???

Do I use a teflon tape for the plug, and the temp sensor?

thanks!

So I got all the holes right???

Do I use a teflon tape for the plug, and the temp sensor?

thanks!
Yes you can use the teflon tape,sounds like you got all the holes covered in proper order.Good Luck.

P.S You,ll have to make your throttle bracket higher,so that your throttle cable is straight to your carb. not pulling it on a downward angle cause you,ll wreck the bore on that nice new carb.

Thanks for the input on the carb!! I'll have plenty of questions about that too!

Thanks much!

Get yourself a lipstick tube of pipe sealer(loctite brand)cleaner and easier to use,you can get the plugs in stainless for a nicer look.

What kind of temperature sensor do I look for??

Is there multiple brands, will any type do?

Thanks!

What kind of temperature sensor do I look for??

Is there multiple brands, will any type do?

Thanks!
Are you just running the factory temp sensor or aftermarket temp gauges?If you use the aftermarket,you,ll have to get a copper adapter for the sender.I know I had to get one from local parts store.This is not a bolt on and go intake,because it sits higher than your factory intake.This is why you,ll either have to buy or make a new throttle cable holder,also kickdown.Are you using a Lokar kickdown cable,that,s the easiest root.Do not drive without kickdown hooked up.Hope this helps.

Its is the factory gauges for now, and I do have the Lokar kickdown.

So would I just need the factory sensor with the factory gauges then?

So, I went to the parts store to get a temperature sensor, and it was 1/4" which would basically fit the small hole on the left. does it really matter which hole it is in?

I'd just have to cap off the one not in use?

Thanks!

have a buddy that sets up and maintains aquariums for a living, he has used silicone, rtv or whatever you want to call it for years, nice neat install, never any leaks and easy disassembly and clean up if need to reuse the parts.

the stock sender goes in the 1/4" hole....but if you use aftermarket, then you need a different sender or it f@$%'s up the temp reading on the gauge. My duster was "overheating" all the time after running it for 5-10 min...after much frustration and checking thermostats, rads, everything, I changed to the correct autometer sender and it was all good to go.

So, I went to the parts store to get a temperature sensor, and it was 1/4" which would basically fit the small hole on the left. does it really matter which hole it is in?

I'd just have to cap off the one not in use?

Thanks!

Nope, doesn't really matter which hole it goes in, on stock intakes it was the farthest left hole when looking at the motor like in the pic, might need an adapter I've never really taken a good look at an Air-Gap. Motor looks good, I hope to see the car next year, have fun with it.

Where would I get the metal tube that screws into the intake that goes into the heater core??? I seem to be missing it! Should I just look for any 1/2" threaded steel tube?
Thanks for you help!

The stock ones have a raised "bump" area on the top so that when you tighten on your hose, it seals and prevents it from getting pulled or popped off. I have useded brass hose barb connections with no issues, and you can get them at a parts / hardware store.

-
Back