What grille support do I have?

-

AndyF

Reaction score
This upper grille support came with the Duster but it doesn't fit with my new core support. I figure I have the wrong one but I don't know enough about the various A body cars to know which is which.

The core support has two holes drilled in it for the grille support but this grille support doesn't have any holes in the back. So I think I have mixed and matched different years or something.

Anyone have a picture of the upper grille support that I need?
DSC_3160 (Large).JPG

When I bought the car the core support was cut out and this grille support was in the car. Now that the core support is replace the grille support doesn't fit.
DSC_0928 (Large).JPG

70-72 Darts have a vertical strut that attaches to the lower rad support loop, so it's not that one.

Looks like the one from my 70 Duster.

It does appear to be a 70 to 72 duster that you have, looks like it may be bent out of shape at the back.

Here's a couple pictures, 71 dart/demon and 72 duster, yours looks right maybe just bent some.

IMG_20150807_200135.jpg

IMG_20180912_165856.jpg

I sliced some material off the rear of the grille support so it would fit and then put it all together. I'm sure someone will be mad at me for cutting up a Duster grill support but it wasn't in perfect condition anyway. I might build my own to replace this one anyway since I don't need the hood latch. I think I can build a replacement panel that will look nicer and give the car a bit of a custom feel.
DSC_3167 (Large).JPG

-
Back