What happened to the nova?

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
This morning i was running some errands and since the truck was in the shop, i took the wifes car

Now, normally id take the duster but i had to drop the kids off at school and the middle girl doesnt care much for the old hotrod

Anyways, i ended up taking the charger to the bakery ('15 pursuit charger, by no means a slough but also not a hot rod)

So i get my order and head out, and 30 seconds later the baker comes running out, worried and asking me, what happened to the nova

Yeah, that was fun

Considering they were a copy cat of the Nova, it is not surprising that many people who are not “educated” in cars see that.

Throw all the knives you want. It’s a fact. :)

So a guy I know who's a professional photographer shot this and photoshopped the Marquee..
I thanked him, didn't try to explain.... LOL..

IMG_4090.jpg

Considering they were a copy cat of the Nova, it is not surprising that many people who are not “educated” in cars see that.

Ridiculous. Everybody knows the 68-72 Nova is a much better lookin car than the Duster.

I've had people call my Demon race car a Nova, even though it has a big Mopar M decal on each side of the hood scoop and Mopar spelled out on the rear quarter panels.

im not complaining, i just thought it was funny
a lot of it is also the way people are "educated", simply what they grew up with

i had my girls with me when i went to drop of the truck at the shop, and they had a 1/18 diecast of a mustang in there

my youngest, who is six, said :look daddy, a duster
so i had to explain to her that was a 67 mustang

I've had people call my Demon race car a Nova, even though it has a big Mopar M decal on each side of the hood scoop and Mopar spelled out on the rear quarter panels.

one of my funniest situations with the duster happened a few years ago
i had driven it to the hardware store and as i walked back out of the store i happened to be behind a couple that was looking at it

i was just close enough to hear them
the husband said something along the lines of "i wonder what kind of a car that is" and the wife goes, thats a 71 duster
it was hilarious, the guy stopped dead in his tracks and almost shouted "how could you possibly know that?"

and in a real chipper voice the wife goes "says so right on it"

and she wasnt lying either

20180824_194757-1.jpg

Duster’s are nice cars no doubt BUT it really gets my goat when someone calls my DART a Duster, it’s a Dodge not a Plymouth. Sorry just erks me.

If I’m not mistaken I think the duster has about an 1 1/2 longer wheel base than the dodge dart sport/Demon

If I’m not mistaken I think the duster has about an 1 1/2 longer wheel base than the dodge dart sport/Demon
rumor has it that people who drive dusters on average have 1 1/2 more then people who drive darts

1715871882367.png

I can't wait to pull up to a Duster at a light and yell over, "Nice Nova!!" And just when the owner is about to get all indignant, I smile and point at my Mopar hat. Not many Dusters around here, though.

When i was 18 and cruising gratiot i constantly had people ask what my car was which was a '67 Rebel (god i wish i still had it...) and i got tired of explaining so i would just tell people it was a '67 roadrunner... no one ever questioned it which cracked me up.. (not mine below)
1715876356491.jpeg

Then when i had my Cobra.. people would tell me it's a corvette..... at pretty much every gas station.. that was annoying...
(was mine..)
right.jpg

Maybe I'm in the minority but not once has my Duster been mistaken for a Nova. One guy did call it a Demon though. I patiently explained the differences and he was quite happy afterwards. "I never knew that, thanks. " I have had people tell me all about their Dusters back in the day. One older couple even stopped and told me the gentleman had a Duster when they were courting. They thanked me for having it out, told me it brought back many good memories and left all smiles. I love it when that happens.

Maybe I'm in the minority but not once has my Duster been mistaken for a Nova. One guy did call it a Demon though. I patiently explained the differences and he was quite happy afterwards. "I never knew that, thanks. " I have had people tell me all about their Dusters back in the day. One older couple even stopped and told me the gentleman had a Duster when they were courting. They thanked me for having it out, told me it brought back many good memories and left all smiles. I love it when that happens.
Next time i get the "know why i pulled you over" speech im gonna say :your uncle used to have a car just like this and he tought you how to drive in it?

Lets see how that goes over

Next time i get the "know why i pulled you over" speech im gonna say :your uncle used to have a car just like this and he tought you how to drive in it?

Couldn't hurt. He might get a laugh out of it and give you a warning.

When I had my 65 Valiant 2 door hardtop years ago, it got called a Nova on a regular basis.

Try this one, cop says do you know why I pulled you over? Your answer Well if you don’t then I’m outa here.
Or, What you want me to cut my own throat

Try this one, cop says do you know why I pulled you over? Your answer Well if you don’t then I’m outa here.
Or, What you want me to cut my own throat
my go to awnser is "oh no, i used to play that game with my dad, i aint fessing up to nothing"

-
Back