What have I got here?

-

64DartGTinAZ

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought this setup along with an engine - engine was no good, and the brakes don't appear to be what I was told either.

They are new, but they don't look like they're SSBC brakes, what with the Pentastar on them and all - what are they, so I can list them correctly?

Thanks!

John

Attachments

• Brakes - caliper.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 344
  • Brakes - bracket.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 328
  • Brakes - caliper - top.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 321
  • Brakes - disc - face.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 352
  • Brakes - disc - top.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 336
Please ask the real question. You trying to sell them?

The caliper shown is mounted with the bleeder down, for one thing. Off hand I'd say measure the piston diameter. They might be 73 / later A body brakes.

I've forgotten there are similar calipers with larger pistons

I have no idea what SSBC means

I bought this setup along with an engine - engine was no good, and the brakes don't appear to be what I was told either.

They are new, but they don't look like they're SSBC brakes, what with the Pentastar on them and all - what are they, so I can list them correctly?

Thanks!

John

If they're small bolt pattern, sell them to me :)

Jake

Please ask the real question. You trying to sell them?

I have no idea what SSBC means

Yes - had them listed as what I was told they were when I bought them about 4 years ago - need the room, and went with an AlterKtion front end.

SSBC - Stainless Steel Brake Company

They look like 73 and later LBP to me. Measure the bolt pattern to find out. There are many threads on here to show you how to measure it properly if you don't know how; just do search for bolt pattern.

Sure look like 1973+ A-body calipers & rotors, but could be B, E, or FMJ body for all I know. Look almost new, so might be worth $300 for the set w/ spindles. Throw in the control arms and maybe more, especially if the LCA's have sway bar tabs.

For any of it, a local sale is best since shipping such is $$$. If you want top dollar, you have to do the research, verify diameters, PN's, etc. Otherwise, it is a crap shoot for the buyer. If you already listed as SSBC setup, you have lost much faith from shoppers.

Yes - had them listed as what I was told they were when I bought them about 4 years ago - need the room, and went with an AlterKtion front end.

SSBC - Stainless Steel Brake Company

OK

Then I stick with what I said......most likely 73 / later A body setup, MAYBE with the larger diameter calipers. Measure the pistons to find out. That "may not matter" to whoever buys them.

I cannot tell about the caliper brackets......do they appear cast? If so, factory. If flame cut, then aftermarket. Check the rotor bolt pattern as mentioned, and maybe the bearing part no which will tell you if they are early or late spindles

If you already listed as SSBC setup, you have lost much faith from shoppers.

This is why I'm asking - I went with what I was told - when I actually looked at them while preparing to take everything apart to ship, I found out they weren't what I thought.

I advised the prospective buyer and told him no worries if he didn't want them. He didn't. I'm trying to make sure I get it right before relisting. Hopefully people understand that I was mistaken, and I'm clarifying the situation - and will include close ups (was hard to get close to where I'd had them sitting on the k-frame on a couple of sawhorses behind a bunch of other crap).

I'm betting you have a Master Power Brake conversion package there - link.

Caliper bracket has the letters "MPB" cast into it, which is partly why I am guessing Master Power Brake.

Can't tell from the picture, but I would bet the spindles are reproductions, the caliper brackets certainly are. Rotors are 10.87" based on the fact that the dust shields are slightly bigger.

Might be SSBC, seems like everyone was doing a kit based on reproduction spindles for awhile, but I didn't find anything on their site to verify that they used to sell a similar kit.

There was a recall on some reproduction spindles, might want to look into that, too.

I think DionR has hit it on the head. Looks like new $1400.

Except that I just noticed the link I found includes a booster, MC, proportioning valve and hard lines from the MC to valve, for $1400. Just an FYI.

Except that I just noticed the link I found includes a booster, MC, proportioning valve and hard lines from the MC to valve, for $1400. Just an FYI.

Oh yea, looks that way. Also minus stainless lines and slotted rotors.

-
Back