What have you found in your car,while restoring it?

-

TXDart

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Last night I worked late on my 1963 Dart GT,correcting,previous owner attempt to replace U-joints.
When I finished ,I started cleaning the interior found rear seat up on right side,pulled seat out and found gas shocks for the front, brand new in the box.
My friend, Tim found a gold class ring when he removed his dash,sold it to fund more parts.
Wonder what things you found while restoring your cars?

In my '64 I found a receipt from 1970 for a set of tires and a couple wrenches from the 30's.

Nothing much other than not knowing i got a 67 Dart with alot of 73 and up stuff????????????I wish i was smarter than a 5th grader...........:angry2:

I found a piece of the faux snake skin (under the back seat) top from the gold Duster half top that was long removed from the car.

Good one tony but I should said What have you found of value?

Only thing I ever found were receipts and an umbrella. Friend of mine bought a 64 Comet with a trunk that would not open. Inside he found all brand new vintage speed equipment for a big block ford. All he bought the car for were the quarter panels. good deal for him.

i found lots of change , a rusty 1-1/4" socket perfect for crank bolts, and a couple rotting AA batteries lodged in the left rear quarter panel which is why it now has a hole there.

on my old 87 lebaron turbo coupe beater i bought years ago i found a 3 d cell mag lite. it was a little beat up but i painted it, and added a LED bulb to it. just fine for garage use in a pinch.

other than that never found anything really of super value

Blue chip stamps ............that's it

Ha, I got all of you beat. When I bought my 67 I found (in the very bottom of the glove box) the original little manila envelope the keys came in with the dealer name and date stamped (Dec 23, 1967) stamped on it. SWEEEET

an old joint, coke straw, watch, change, lolly pop sticks, old chrysler dealer pendent, cigaret butts........stuff like that.

Not much on my car, but when I worked in the shop I found a pair of womens underwear in a tire. How they could have gotten there I have no idea.

Dirty underwear and ****.

Oh wait, you were talking about stuff found in my car. Oops.

found a water and sewage bill for a whopping total of $4.22 from the 70's

I readed about a guy who bought a 67 dart conv. with a dead cat in the back seat now thats a treasure !!

Rat turds in My 1966 Dart trunk,ooooh that smell took awhile to get rid of it

-
Back