What Heads to buy?

-

captain america

Reaction score
So I am looking to go to aluminum heads. I wanted to see what you guys think. My question is what heads do I go with that is best for my car? Also who should I buy these heads from? The motor is a 470 stroker here is some specs of the engine. 400 block, 440 steel cranked stroked 3.915 Stroke 4.375 Bore, Ross Pistons Dome C.H. 1.633, Eagle Rods, Bullet solid roller Cam .681 lift 280 duration @ .050 ,Milodon oil system,Comp lifters and springs,Smith Brothers push rods, Harland Sharps 1.5 roller rockers, 452 heads fully ported polished and bowl work, M1 intake, Holly 1000 cfm carb, Msd ignition, TTI headers. I have been thinking about the Indy EZ, because it looks can still run my TTI headers.

Any aluminum head will do, and with your combination, any of them will need to be ported. If you chose the EZ head, it'll need to be ported also, and you'll need to get a max wedge intake manifold for it.

280 degrees @ .050". Yes, I have driven those on the street. It was interesting. We've made 780+ HP with a 451 stroker, our ported Edelbrock RPM heads, a 280 @ .050" and pump gas. I wouldn't exactly call it a street car, but we did drive it around town.

The car is a street strip car. I just drive it mostly around town nothing to far. 780 hp is some great numbers IQ52! What kind of headers did you run with the RPM heads?

The car is a street strip car. I just drive it mostly around town nothing to far. 780 hp is some great numbers IQ52! What kind of headers did you run with the RPM heads?

On the day that we dyno tested headers, it made between 770 and 775 HP with our dyno headers by my son (1-3/4 X 1-7/8 X 2" X 3" step headers), custom headers built by my son (2" X 2-1/8" X 3-1/2 step headers) and Hooker 5209-1HKR. They all made the same horsepower in the upper RPMs but the torque varied a great deal in the lower and middle ranges.

-
Back