What ignition system will do me justice??

-
Ramcharger, Seriously, since '86 when I got into cars...no failures with a points type ignition with the exception of a distributor shaft that got mysteriously bent on a trip to NY. But, even on 6 cylinders after using a curb to "straighten" it, I got home.

I was 16 and on the way to school. The condensor shorted and the car stopped dead. I pulled it out and made it there, points were trashed though, LOL! Glad I had a test light in the trunk.

Well, I almost burnt down my '71 in 1986... That bolt fit perfect where3 the fuse was. Then, just to be perfect, I rewired all the melted stuff with black wire :).

Well fellows I have been running a Accel 300+ ignition system(which is digitial) on my car for almost a year now. I like the rev limiter and multispark which you don't get out of a stock ignition system. BUT I had some problems with the ecu and had to send it in about four years ago when I had the ignition system on a 68 Charger. For some reason they sent me two boxes back each shipped a couple days apart. I just kept one for a spare in case something happened. I like the MSD with the Mopar logos and it is black. I say that would be my next ignition system if I have too.

Well, I almost burnt down my '71 in 1986... That bolt fit perfect where3 the fuse was. Then, just to be perfect, I rewired all the melted stuff with black wire :).
ROFLMAO! Myth Busters checked to see if .22 shell would explode if it was used as a automotive fuse, it did.

I once hooked my buddies headlights to the dimmer on the headlight switch because his headlights wouldn't work (the switch was bad). He came back about 5 minutes later with a car full of smoke. Damn was I a dumbass! It was funny though, and we all had a good laugh at my expense. Ah...High School Days!

Well, I almost burnt down my '71 in 1986... That bolt fit perfect where the fuse was. Then, just to be perfect, I rewired all the melted stuff with black wire :).

That bolt fit perfect where the fuse was!!!! .................that`s classic....love it!!!!:lol:

That was a long time ago.. maybe time to start a new thread in General...lol.

I was wanted to what i should set my timing at. I have 340 30 over stock heads intake and quadra jet cab.The cam is a 474lift on both sides.It has about 38 total degrees in it. It aslo has a 2200 stall with 355 gears. Is this about right or not .

What kind of ignition are you running? Your converter stall sounds kind of low for a slightly modified engine. I`d think 2500- 2800 would suit you better. 38* is about what the MP electronic system runs well at. Are you really running a Quadra Jet carb or do you mean Thermoquad?

-
Back