What irks you

-
Toilet paper on the rack so it unrolls backwards, instead of forwards.
For that matter... someone leaving the cardboard tube from an empty roll of toilet paper or paper towels on the rack, instead of replacing it with a new one.
For that matter... anything left empty by the last user:
stapler
water cooler jug at the office
Dr Pepper shelf in the fridge
donut box
paper tray in copier

Leaving on a trip that was planned for days in advance, only to realize the wife's car is low on fuel and the first stop has to be a gas station.

Stepping on chewing gum some idiot spit out on the parking lot.

cars for sale that have (RECREATION OR TRIBUTE) in the add then the seller thinking it is worth what the real deal would bring!

Have to agree with you guys on alot of these things especially:

Traction bars on a MOPAR!!???

POSI trac Mopars

People calling my dart a "GT" and nothing else like its a mustang GT or something... "Your the guy with the white GT huh?"

and last but not least the people that say they use to have a car or found an all ORIGINAL '66 Charger with a 440 or 66 dart with a 340 or...

you get the picture.

Growling speedometers on old mopars. They growl at any speed when its warm out,, then when its cold out, the start to scream and the speedo needle jumps around all over the place.

Small bolt pattern !

Swapping to large bolt pattern and then having your front wheels stick out about an extra 1" on each side. Looks stupid with the front end having a wider track than the back. This is why I haven't swapped mine yet.

Body work in general.

I'm sure theres some other things I can think of right now.

Oh,,, How could I forget: Getting Fired from my job for saying something slighty politically incorrect about a fellow employee. It wasn't that big of a slam, but the guy I slammed was a personal friend of the boss and thats the only reason he had a job there in the first place.
Lesson learned: Dont talk smack about other employees to the boss !
I'm still unemployed !

1. I hate inconsiderate people in general.:thebirdm:
2. I hate people who do not yield when they are supposed to. Especially when you are pulling a boat or car on a trailer.:thebirdm:
3. Electrical work of any kind.:bootysha:
4. A fish that just barely nibbles on your bait. Eat it or go away!!:-D
5. People who don't stop at the stopsign in front of my house or speed through the neighborhood.:thebirdm:
6. I don't mind people who drive fast on the highways, but use your turn signals so I know what your intentions are and stop weaving in and out of traffic.:thebirdm:
7. TAILGATORS! I will hit the brakes for that invisible squirrell, dog etc.:thebirdm:
8. Emission testing.:thebirdm:
9. Pressing "1" for English!!:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::angry7:
10. Liars and thieves!!!:thebirdm:

There, I feel better now.

After market rims on a Mopar. Cragers excluded.

Especially anything over 15's

tire clearence on my 74 duster... they want to rub on the leaves before any part of the well

Rear main seals on LA.
Wiper switch on the later A's
C clip axles.
Left hand thread wheel studs.
Steering coupler.
Wiper pivot seals.

The potentially very nice muscle car rotting away for years in someones yard and the owner will not sell it because he`s going to "fix it up one day".

Oh, boy. Ok, here we go.

Damn wiper seals. Ok, they leak. So I get replacement seals and lay all scrunched up on the floor of the car to replace them. Then the replacements leak.

Those @#$% clutch linkage clips. I had one on the clutch pedal that kept popping off and then I'd be stuck in gear at a stop light someplace. Beauty!

Bulkhead connector (that SOB is GONE!) with one spade connector that worked itself back just far enough that it would make contact MOST of the time. Car would quit running, I would wiggle so me wires around and away we go. Usually. Not always.

Any affordable headers with the one stupid tube hanging WAY down. Every friggin' parking lot, SCRRRRAAAAAPE. Then you have that one "D-shaped" tube. Plus, the damn headers are dented where they hit the power steering box, the oil pan, the grease fitting on my pitman arm, etc... Then you get the joy of jacking the engine out of the mounts so you can replace the starter. This time... TTI. Expensive as hell, but at least they only irk me once - when I pay for them.

Piece of crap 40-dollar rebuilt starter with a "lifetime warranty" that I had to replace 3 times!! Alright already, I'll pay whatever it takes for a mini-starter.

Mid 70's to late 80's cars with a vacuum hose diagram that looks like a wiring schematic for the space shuttle. Plus, the MF emissions test will have a friggin fit if you remove any of that crap and they find out.

Trophy whores at car shows. Pretty sad when your ego depends on a $10 trophy. You know, the guys who complain when they don't win and demand to see the judging criteria, yada yada yada.

"3/4 race" cams. I'm surprised your car runs at all without the whole cam.

Some of the shitboxes people build and call them "rat rods".

Cheap-*** tools from China.

People who complain about the winters here. You only live once, jackass. If you're TRULY miserable, pack your crap and MOVE. If it isn't bad enough for you to move, quit yer bitchin'.

My boss. Nuff said.

Socks with holes in them. I hate when one toe pokes through.

All the jewelery commercials on the radio around the holidays. You think you can get my wife to lay on the guilt trip so I'll come buy your jewelery? Guess again. When my wife and I were dating, I bought her a set of Roadhandler Mud and Snow tires. Sears was having a hell of a sale.

Movie stars who think I should listen to their opinions on political and social issues. Your job is to entertain me. Shut up and get back to work.

Our plow guy, who leaves about six feet of un-plowed road in front of my mailbox. There's something wrong when I have to shovel the street.

Politicians who blame air pollution on cars. Around here, the biggest problem with our air quality is power plants. But they have the politicians in their pocket.

Ok, that's enough for now. Whew! I feel better. :)

People giving me their opinion on what and how my car should look/drive etc.

Oh yeah........ and Packers fans.

Lessee....

-- Kids (and teachers) who say about my '70 Duster, "Oh yeah, that's that one old goldish-looking thing, huh?" I don't really blame them for that, I just hate how nobody gives a **** about cars anymore.

--The stupid-a$$ "car guys" who talk about how awesome the Shelby GT500 is because it has 500 HP, or how they would love to have a Ferrari when they don't even know what the different models are, or just acting like they know so much about cars when they don't even know the difference between a I4 and a V8.

-- NOT being able to smoke almost every other car in my town (hopefully that will change soon)

-- NOT being able to smoke my tires at will

-- Getting my father's garage floor covered in oil/coolant/trans fluid/grime no matter how hard I try to keep it clean

-- People who are obsessed with being "green". If you want to make a difference in our environment, get a political position or become an environmental engineer; don't try to make yourself look good by hiking up to a popular outdoor party area and picking up trash that will come back in two days, or driving a big-*** Land Rover to school when you're the president of the Recycling Club.

I probably have a thousand more but I don't want to go any farther, as I'm trying to be more optimistic about life :confused:.

rusty headers got your ride with the hood up an you have headers so rusty it looks like you pick them up at the bone yard . told that to a fellow mopar guy at garlets this year . a very nice i mean very nice Roadrunner an rusty headers ." he was on the sly" comes walking up on the side of us an says man that s a sweet R R what ca think i told him i was inpressed till i look in the engine compartment an seen those rusty headers .looks like sh:@::@: then he walks over an closes the hood (i guess i hurt his feelings) paint, coat, what ever

Sorry Dartman, but thats one that gets me and I have never put my car in a show.
I hate it when people wonder around at car shows and bash other peoples rides. Obviously he worked very hard on the car and unfortunately fell short on prep or something. Not something he would have noticed at the time probably.
People take their cars to shows in hopes that people like them, so if you hear somebody bashing your car, Im sure its a bit aggravating.
By the way this is not aimed directly at you, you just reminded me of a good one! :-D

when people tell you that their friend sisters boyfriends brothers grandpas best friends sisters girls boyfriend had a car just like that, but his had a 440 HEMI in it.

main seal leaks, untracable viberations, aftermarket restoration supplyers, overpriced, inferior, parts. heatchecked flywheels, gayrights activists. last 8 years with bush, good riddence! coporate greed,selfish power hungry politicians, people you leave a 1/2 mile behind at a light, and they must pass you:roll:. Islamac extremist, thinking were trying to destroy Islam:thebirdm: and any Nation that does`nt like us, especially european.:bootysha:

last 8 years with bush, good riddence! coporate greed,selfish power hungry politicians, people you leave a 1/2 mile behind at a light, and they must pass you:roll:. Islamac extremist, thinking were trying to destroy Islam:thebirdm: and any Nation that does`nt like us, especially european.:bootysha:

Amen to that! I also must add, that the racing hobby is bullsh!t now, and I was never even around during the "golden days" of NASCAR and drag racing. NASCAR is basically a sport purely for human competition (no variation in cars), and drag racing is much too regulated and "evolved".

People who claim that the Chevy 350 is best small block ever. I dislike ANY kid in high school or old dude with a middle age crisis who buys a newer genereation Camero/Firebird with a stock 305 or 350 and thinks they're king of the street with some pipes. Also I don't like BIG "bling'n" rims on classic rides (Especially MOPARS!) It takes away from the original appeal of the vehicle! Cragers make anything look good! I'm debating getting them for the Neon! :wack:

People who seriously (and I mean the type that just don't get hotrodding) want to argue with me over why I chose to put a GM -engine in my beloved altered wheelbase '64 Dart. Then, they tell me about their hot rod Chrysler LeBaron.

People who talk crap about other cars when there crap is slower than my grandma's car!!!!

Aftermarket sideview mirrors. Especailly those big-*** chrome sport mirrors! Yuck. Sorry if you have them but its an easy fix.

-
Back