What irks you

-
Looking at a beautifully detailed Mope, and seeing whatever body color it is through the grille. Makes the front look sick. If you dont like the factory overspray, then mask it and paint it neatly.

Grant

People who have to tear your car apart because this isn't the right color it came or this isn't factory correct. I put my car together the way I wanted it. If I want the engine compartment black that's my choice. I can't afford to do everything I want. I do most of my own work which I question at times. I just wish people would just accept your car for what it is. We all put allot of money into our cars. I guess I'm done now.

Fred B

I hate when it's 5pm on a Saturday when the sun has been cookin your back for hours bending over the engine compartment wrenching away when you realized that the last of a 12pack was finish a 4pm and your buddies are more hammered then you. Anyway, you go to drill a hole in the sheet metal you just finished fabn' up and it comes loose and slices the #$^&# out of your beer holding hand. So you rush to urgent care explaining that you did this because you weren't buzzed but tired from the sun beating down on your back. But then you need to es'plain to your wife and kids that beer and powertools "DO" mix and you should not try to clean a wound with racing fuel and carb cleaner...

Mopar drivers with mullets (80's are WAAAAAY OVER)
Raised white letter tires. Nice Positraction Torque Twisters BRO!

Probably for me the three would be -
1) that i have to sit in my car and warm her up for about 4 minutes before i take off... and i live in southern california where its never cold

2) where the distributor is located on my dart. On my *cough*Ford*cough* its in a much easier location to mess with.

3) Being in 3rd gear at 70 miles an hour with no overdrive

1) I hate it when people don't finish their beer. Especially if I was the one to give it to them.

2) Littering.

3) Out-of-control pets and children.

Ok. So none have to do with Mopars. You can build your car however you like.

1. When tuner kids step on it and its going 30 mph and it sound like there going 700 mph.

2.When the lazy kids in my class dont stand up for the pledge of allegiance:angry7:

3. kids in my school asking me what is that wierd E on my shirt and they dont know its the mopar M.

4. And last but not least the common " im going to fix it up one day" and you drive by day atfer day and it still sits and rots away. Just let some one buy it and save another mopar.:angry7:

I'm going to have to agree with the "tuner" comment. Bugs the crap out of me when I have to put up with the "tuned" cars with way too big of an exhaust system. By the way I'm the only kid with a muscle car at my school much less a mopar.

Waiting on the cable lady "I hope" =P~=P~:blob:
To find out why we keep getting shut down.:scratch:
That is what I am doing know.

I will go with these too. Thanks Thrashard340.

1) I hate it when people don't finish their beer. Especially if I was the one to give it to them.

2) Littering.

3) Out-of-control pets and children.

The cracks that form on sheet metal around door latch post.

Nobody makes a decent selection of 14" tires anymore.

1. when people take their dogs to car shows and have it on a leash and then the dog runs around the front of the car causing the leash to gauge your fender. leave the pets at home perhaps?

2. my newfound hate for double flaring my brake lines.

3. this new trend for right hand drive imported vehicles, and how the owners seem to think because the steering wheel is on the right side, that it is soooo much better and faster than anything else on the street.

4. making clearance for headers. smashing them in, grinding down my steering coupler, so they clear. then going back the next day and they rub again for some reason.

5. taking my dart to the beach, parking it to go on a walk, come back and some guy is doing coke on the trunk of my car, scratching it up with his credit card or whatever. asking him WTF are you doing?? and him saying it fits cause its like we're in the 70's.

6. when someone scratches or puts a little ding in my car, and when i say hey be careful they say well its already scratched what does it matter?

7. rice rockets tail gating me in the dart, then passing me and blaring that damn fart can, then cutting back in right in front of me and slowing down, hoping ill pass them so they can race through traffic endangering everyones lives.

8. the way people ride motorcycles through traffic. dont weave around going 200MPH. i cant see you, it scares the **** out of me when i go to change lanes and there you are and you swerve right in front of me.

9. people using cell phones while driving.

10. people putting chevy engines in a mopar.

haha i think 10 is enough for now..

You REALLY want my opinion on headliners that tuck UNDER the front & rear window glass?
1927857-baseballbat.gif

tell me about it. mice just ate a hole in my perfect original headliner. i have the glass out and it would be th etime to replace it, but all i can think is how pissed i was about the original one, imagine if they do it to a new one.....

Well I guess I was going to stay at home any way waiting on cable co.
First call = They would be here by 10 am.NOT:angry7:
call # 2 = It will be between 3 and 5 pm.NOT:angry7:

When I spend a hole day waiting on some one.:-\"

that said they would be there.:banghead:

time for a cold one

1. CELL PHONES WHILE DRIVING! 2. that jackass who tries to park in my spot. i say tries because my gmc has a strong bumper and i use it often. 3. that damn header tube that seems to be in the way of everything on the drivers side!

I love my old Mopars so not too much irks me, but I can name a couple of things;
1. Water leaks, especially those around the cowl and wiper area, and those around the taillights. I guess add those around the back glass too, while I'm griping.
2. A wiring system that grounds most everything through the sheetmetal. Late models that have a separate groung for everything are definately an improvement.
3. Not a problem with the cars but the gas we get today. Since they've mandated ethanol in MO's gas all of my old Mopars boil the carb after sitting a few minutes after driving them. That irks me!
Dallas
missourimopar.com

the one that irks me the most is the chebby motor in a mopar.

and the their,there,theyre-to,two,too comment, some of us didnt pay to much attention in that class
whistling.jpg

5. taking my dart to the beach, parking it to go on a walk, come back and some guy is doing coke on the trunk of my car, scratching it up with his credit card or whatever. asking him WTF are you doing?? and him saying it fits cause its like we're in the 70's.

haha i think 10 is enough for now..

No **** this actually happened to you? Thats a new one and really wacked. Did you tell him it's not like the 70's it's like your gonna be six feet under?

I drive my '66 Valiant on a daily basis. It is my main mode of transportation right now. I went to the grocery store yesterday and some punk in a rice burner with a fart pipe, you know the type said," Hey Granny, that one came over on the Mayflower!!"
I said, "No, She's a MOPAR baby, and she's paid for. She was built to last and she won't be totaled if a shopping cart "accidentally" bumps into her.( :finga: with me evil grin.) He shut up.:silent:

:bootysha:

You sent him running I bet:thumleft:, Good for you.:read2:

I drive my '66 Valiant on a daily basis. It is my main mode of transportation right now. I went to the grocery store yesterday and some punk in a rice burner with a fart pipe, you know the type said," Hey Granny, that one came over on the Mayflower!!"
I said, "No, She's a MOPAR baby, and she's paid for. She was built to last and she won't be totaled if a shopping cart "accidentally" bumps into her.( :finga: with me evil grin.) He shut up.:silent:

:bootysha:

A punk in a rice burner with a fart pipe: that just about sums it up right there! Lol! :toothy10:

Another thing that bugs me is when a mopar has factory hood or side scoops and they are painted black instead of body color. Cuda, Challenger, Superbee, Road Runner, they all look lame. If you are putting a set of scoops on after the car has already been painted, black is ok cause it may be hard to match. But if you spend good money to have the car painted, give the body shop your damn scoops!

One thing that bugs me are Valiants that have the rear of the car one color and the front of the car flat black :)

Traction (slapper) bars on Mopar leaf springs...and pretty much everything else previously listed herein...except for the black paint in the engine compartment. There's too many reasons that you have to just let that one slide by - finances, time, personal preference, etc. If they transplant a SBC in there AND paint the engine compartment black, then THAT'S WHEN YOU GRAB THE NOOSE AND START LOOKING FOR A STURDY TREE...
:toothy10:
Ray

Loved the bit on "there, they're, & their" by the way...one of my personal pet peeves...it just isn't THAT hard...

(Black front and Biege rear)
I take it that's a crack at 66340sedan! LOL
I think his car looks cool like that, but I like the "work in progress" look. Mine is seriously a "work in progress" look!

cigarette butts on the side of the road at intersections... intersections seem to be an ideal place to "clean out" your ash trays.

cigarette butts tossed from the vehicle... don't all cars have ashtrays? well in option now... but damn thats nasty.

Don't care if you are a smoker...just clean up after yourself!

-
Back