What is a 67 TNT 440 worth?

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a 67 Chrysler 300 with its original engine, a TNT 440 4 barrel. It has the Magnum manifolds and full dual exhaust. I'm told these engines had the closed chamber 915 heads too. The engine has not ran for many years but is complete and still in the car. I have no carb or air cleaner but otherwise, it is all there. I plan to part out the car and currently do not need another 440 since I still have 3 here at home. What is a fair price? The buyer should assume it to be a rebuildable core. I'm thinking it would be worth more than a 68-71 440 Magnum. Is this reasonable?

Yes that seems fair. Around here I get 500. and let them take as much of it as they want or as little. Some only want the block and crank.

All depends on what someone will pay. If I can;t hear it run or it hasn't run in years I wouldn't be looking at much more than $3-400.

2 years ago, I sold a 440 from a 71 imperial that had not run in 15 years. It was complete from the air cleaner to the drain plug and from the fan blades to the flex plate - all brackets/pulleys/accessories included. I got $1000 for it. Like moper said - it all depends on what someone is willing to pay for it....

I got the car home today. The engine is not original to the car. The casting date is 4-4-68. The RH head has a casting number ending in 028. I've never heard of that number before. The engine has B body magnum exhaust manifolds, but the LH side has a crack. The engine would still be date correct for a late 68 model car.
The car has a 3.23 gear 742 case Sure Grip diff. Cool!

Everyone is right hear. Ti all depends on what someone will pay. Hear is a bigger question? Do you want to help a another mopar fella out or do you want to make the max amount of money for what you got.I met a guy that had two 440s and sold them to me for 300.00 for both.One was a 67 tnt and the other was a 78.I rebuilt the 67 and put it in barracuda and sold the 78 to a guy in newyork for 150.. Like me we all had no money but the price helped all of us out. The choice is yours. Mark

"question? Do you want to help a another mopar fella out or do you want to make the max amount of money for what you got"

Well, I don't sell stuff to make money for other people. I also don't try to gouge anyone on pricing.

-
Back