What is cheapest and easiest way to ship a pair of bucket seats???

-

duster360

Reaction score
Anyone have experience shipping bucket seats? What was the cheapest and easiest for you? Who to use for shipping?

Remove the tracks and place them under the bottom of the seat. Fold the backs down and place heavy cardboard around the seat. You can get large cardboard boxes (used) from an appliance or home improvement store. Tape up the "boxes" that you make securely and deliver them to Greyhound. Make sure that you make a clear and legible shipping label and place it prominently on the seat(s). Done.

This is what I had done ^^^^^^^^buying seats from Arizona,shipped to Michigan for $118 through Fed X.

I had someone put both seats in one U-Haul wardrobe box and ship them to me Greyhound.

I have also dissembled them and shipped the uppers in one box, and the lowers in another.

I just shipped 2 pairs of bucket seats with USPS. one pair was from a 68 Charger, low back buckets, these were just bare seats, took them apart and shipped them in 2 boxes, total cost with insurance and tracking was under $70.

The second was a pair of GM high back buckets with the seat tracks and hardware, these were more cause there was a spendy surcharge for the bigger box with the seat backs, shipping was $165 total for these dissambled, shipped in 2 boxes with insurance and tracking.

For me, it was definetly easier to ship them in 2 boxes, dissasembled. Besure to let the buyer know if you do this, then they can plan on putting them back together. BTW, both buyers were very happy with my shipping methods.

$160 seems to be the shipping cost on other seats on ebay, Greyhound would be cheaper but not all towns have a terminal so the buyer may have to travel, more of a convience thing just to have the US mail leave them on your door step.

I've done this three times each had their charms or issues. UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday and if a "sign in person" is required you're on the hook to hang around the house. (they will give you a 3-4 hour window, yeah). FedEx usually pretty good screwed my delivery up, made one attempt to deliver then sent them back to the seller, so the seats had about 2000 miles worth of riding up and down the interstate before they showed up. Wouldn't have known they were on their way back to the seller if I wasn't tracking they on line. That wasn't all that fun. Conway freight delivered a full set of seats to my front door on a Saturday afternoon, the driver was nice, unloaded the seats helped remove the packing and took it away for me! Time = money

-
Back