what is difference between 67 and 68 door?

-

plugger340

Reaction score
I have a Barracuda door and I'm trying to determine if it's a 67 or 68. I've read the the vent window assembly mounting brackets and hardware are different from a 68 and 69. Does anyone have any pictures that show the difference?

did you search this site? lots of info on this--- placement of the inside door lock & outside side view mirror are the 2 main differences-- 67-68 are very similar-- 69 is different ,Lawrence

I have searched this site and have not found a lot of info about the difference between a 67 and 68. The doors do not have the interior armrests so I can't use that for a reference either. The only reference that I've come across is that the vent window assembly mounting brackets and hardware between a 67 and 68 are different, hence my original question ...

pm 4spdragtop -- he has a barracuda-- & might have your answer with pictures--- I know there is some pictures of some doors on this site-- but couldn't find them, I'll look this weekend with more time . I was looking through some convert threads that had info on glass /vent windows-- so I thought door stuff would come up, Lawrence

I have a 67 Barracuda that was hit in the right front several years ago before I bought it. I believe the PO used a 68 fender and 68 door on the right side to replace the damaged 67 parts. The only difference I can tell from the original 67 door on the left side and the replaced 68 door on the right is where the lock pull pokes out of top of the door the hole is bigger on the 68.

The 68 fender had the marker light hole welded up and other than that I can tell no difference. I don't know about the placement of a rear view mirror since my car does not have one on the right side. Also, if the internal brackets and mounts are different for the vent window on the 68, you sure can't tell any difference on the outside.

I know this doesn't give any close up detail of what I wrote about above, but this is my car and it has a 68 door and fender on the right side.

Attachments

• IMG_0736.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0745.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 148
The contour of the glass at roof line is different. That wouldn't cause a difference in the tracks or regulators

67 has a bottom vent on the inside, 68-9 do not,
mirror location is different, 67 is forward of vent and 68-9 more toward window.
inside lock location is different location,
67 uses external screw in the vent window frame 68-9's is internal with a color coded cap.
fastback and notch glass is completely different.

Amazing what you learn on this site. I knew my 68 doors had been replaced but I didn't realize that they were 67s. Thanks for everyone's help

-
Back