What is needed to stand up to ?

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
What is needed if I wanted my car to with stand 1000-1200 hp?

balls lol the best of everything. dana 60, liberty or jericho trans,full cage tied to frame, billet u joints, race driveshaft,4 link, and if you want track time a buttload of sfi safety stuff. but you know me im no expert. post at fugly racing and ask Damon. he was a funny crew chief for a while.

Thanks Pete. At what point do I have to have a tube chas. car?

i dont think there is a point. worlds fastest street cars are in low 7s now maybe a 6 not sure and theyre legal with a hell of a cage but they still have chassis,s. like i said before Damon is the go to man for me

I think the first thing you need is a dumpster full of Benjamins! The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic money

So Would I obviously need to upgrade my entire suspension to something like coilovers and a 4 link in the rear? As far as cage I know thats a hole nother subject.

So Would I obviously need to upgrade my entire suspension to something like coilovers and a 4 link in the rear? As far as cage I know thats a hole nother subject.

If you are even asking this question you need to do ALOT more homework! I don't want to sound demeaning but there is soooooo much more that goes into a project like this than most people would ever imagine.

I suggest that you take small steps before you run. Build an 11 second car and continually upgrade the car or build new ones. It's a matter of safety for you and the person in the other lane. These types of cars ace sooo violently and can get away from even an EXPERIENCED driver before they know it!

And not to mention to run that kind of horsepower SAFELY you can plan on spending a MINIMUM of $50,000.00 or more. And that's just the car, then you need fire retardant gear, support equipment and etc, and etc.......

If you are even asking this question you need to do ALOT more homework! I don't want to sound demeaning but there is soooooo much more that goes into a project like this than most people would ever imagine.

I suggest that you take small steps before you run. Build an 11 second car and continually upgrade the car or build new ones. It's a matter of safety for you and the person in the other lane. These types of cars ace sooo violently and can get away from even an EXPERIENCED driver before they know it!

And not to mention to run that kind of horsepower SAFELY you can plan on spending a MINIMUM of $50,000.00 or more. And that's just the car, then you need fire retardant gear, support equipment and etc, and etc.......

I couldn't agree w/you more.... The fact of the matter is a very well reconized company contacted me about a project regarding my car and they started shooting off crazy high HP numbers and turbos (1000-1200hp) and I told them as they already know it woujld take alot alot alot of work to do what they are wanting to do........

BTW I already have a slow 11 sec daily drive in my 06 charger...:-D just not near fast enough..lol

This was more along the lines of having some data when i the call me again.... So I can say look what about this, and dont forget that, etc....

This was more along the lines of having some data when i the call me again.... So I can say look what about this, and dont forget that, etc....

The best thing to do is pick up a NHRA and an IHRA rulebook to see what the requirements are. Licensing will also be required to run that kind of ET's. I also suggest that you talk to a REPUTABLE chassis builder to get an idea of what you are thinking about getting into.

BTW, what kind of car and engine combo are we talking about?

The best thing to do is pick up a NHRA and an IHRA rulebook to see what the requirements are. Licensing will also be required to run that kind of ET's. I also suggest that you talk to a REPUTABLE chassis builder to get an idea of what you are thinking about getting into.

BTW, what kind of car and engine combo are we talking about?

Very well..... Thanks for your info...... But I didnt mention any ET's????? We are talking about a 68 dart w/a turbo charge stroked Hemi!

Yep, and a sponsor for the $$ it will take.

Hummmmm Did you say sponsor? lol

Very well..... Thanks for your info...... But I didnt mention any ET's????? We are talking about a 68 dart w/a turbo charge stroked Hemi!

I know you didn't mention any ET's but I assumed it was an A-body and with 1000 to 1200 HP it should run at least a low nine second pass. (My 925 HP car weighing 3800lbs runs 9.60's) And any ET in that range requires a license, certified chassis and alot of safety equipment.

Good luck with your project!

I know you didn't mention any ET's but I assumed it was an A-body and with 1000 to 1200 HP it should run at least a low nine second pass. (My 925 HP car weighing 3800lbs runs 9.60's) And any ET in that range requires a license, certified chassis and alot of safety equipment.

Good luck with your project!

If I'm only running 9 sec passes on 1200hp then something is wrong.....I'm not calling you out by any means but If I can run 11.5's in a 4414lb car w/2.86 gears (my charger) and it has 456rwhp .... well you see where I'm going w/this right?

Read the rulebook; NHRA owns the tracks, and gets real down with inspections, when you run fast.
It is not a hobby, with what it costs.

Be careful for what you wish for; It costs $$$$$$$$.

[/quote]If I'm only running 9 sec passes on 1200hp then something is wrong.....I'm not calling you out by any means but If I can run 11.5's in a 4414lb car w/2.86 gears (my charger) and it has 456rwhp .... well you see where I'm going w/this right?[/quote]

Oh, I agree. That's why I said at LEAST a low nine second pass and you said 1000 to 1200 HP. When you start talking that kind of HP traction becomes an issue!

If I'm only running 9 sec passes on 1200hp then something is wrong.....I'm not calling you out by any means but If I can run 11.5's in a 4414lb car w/2.86 gears (my charger) and it has 456rwhp .... well you see where I'm going w/this right?[/quote]

Oh, I agree. That's why I said at LEAST a low nine second pass and you said 1000 to 1200 HP. When you start talking that kind of HP traction becomes an issue![/QUOTE]

there ya go... what kind of sus. does it take to get that to the ground? Thats what I originally wanted outta this thread...lol

[/quote]there ya go... what kind of sus. does it take to get that to the ground? Thats what I originally wanted outta this thread...lol[/quote]

It CAN be done with a stock suspension and a nine in slick, just not safely (IMO). To do it consistently and safely a minimum of a backhalf with ladder bars or four link and a 14 inch slick. Optimum would be a full tube chassis with a rack up front. Handling becomes an issue at high speed!

Again just my opinion.

Nice. I already have mini tubes and was thinking of the RMS system full coil overs front and rear... Do u think that is safe?

Those look like some pretty nice components. I would think that with those and a nice cage you should be well on your way.

But whatever you do PLEASE don't skimp on the saftey equipment!

RMS front, Subframe connectors, cage, motor plate, Dana 60, 5pt harnesses, custom driveshaft (heavy duty ends), driveshaft loops front/rear, Good seat mounts etc.....

Tranzilla 6spd or built 4l80e for a transmission.

I would use a little heavier duty rear suspension for that much power, not knocking Bill's at all but I would want fully welded bracketry around the axle tubes. ARt Morrison's bracketry can be used without huge mods and build you own bars (this is what was done on my car). Keep you backseat if you like with a Triangulated 4link.

I know you post over on LxForums so I am assuming a new Hemi?
My goal power is around 650-700 out of my 6.1 eventually so we are building the car accordingly (except motor mounts/built 4l65e in mine)

-
Back