What is, or would be your cb handle?

-
jar had nothing to do with it, regular sandwich baggie full of pot to the point of just licking the flap and folding it over,..called it a lid! not a ounce ether,..closer to a 1/4 lb
Four fingers sandwich bag was a lid @$40, two fingers was half a lid @......$20 of course , a dime was one finger. Then there was my price point: the nickel bag. Always in the non-ziplock sandwich baggie that you licked the flap to seal that freshness in:lol: Always liked the Kodak 35mm film roll canisters for storage.:thumbsup:

In the early 80's a dime was 2 fingers.

"ShrinkFlation" occurred mid-decade and then it was 1 finger.

So I'm really digging the 70s trucker scenes depicted in movies like convoy and smokey and the bandit.

I started thinking about what a cool handle would be.

I first thought my handle could be "rain dancer"
But then I thought, nah, that makes me sound like a stripper and I sure am not.

Then I thought "rain godess" with this mural on the hood of a mack truck.

I'm just having fun with this. I am NOT a trucker, nor do I even own a Cb radio. I'm just really getting into the old trucker movies from the 70s lol.

What would yours be, if you don't already have a real one??

View attachment 1716047941
The few short years I used the CB radio I went by “No Handle” Haven’t been on there for decades, I wonder if “Bushwhacker” has his ears on yet as seemed everywhere I was there was somebody from “squeal like a pig Alabama” asking if he did:rofl:

Blast from the past. CB's got very popular shortly after graduating HS in '73. I had one in my first new vehicle- '74 PW. My handle was Night Stalker as Kolchak: The Night Stalker was one of my favorite tv shows. Used it for a lot of years and don't remember when I got away from CB's. :D SIL recently gave me a Cobra 29 that I put in my 4runner but sadly, it doesn't seem CB's get much use anymore. I would turn it on on the interstate during a 1 1/2 hr. drive to see a friend and would hear very little traffic.
That was a great show. One of Mama's favorites. We have the whole series on DVD.

Your CB handle? :poke: :poke: :rofl:
Four fingers sandwich bag was a lid @$40, two fingers was half a lid @......$20 of course , a dime was one finger. Then there was my price point: the nickel bag. Always in the non-ziplock sandwich baggie that you licked the flap to seal that freshness in:lol: Always liked the Kodak 35mm film roll canisters for storage.:thumbsup:
Fact Jack !

So I'm really digging the 70s trucker scenes depicted in movies like convoy and smokey and the bandit.

I started thinking about what a cool handle would be.

I first thought my handle could be "rain dancer"
But then I thought, nah, that makes me sound like a stripper and I sure am not.

Then I thought "rain godess" with this mural on the hood of a mack truck.

I'm just having fun with this. I am NOT a trucker, nor do I even own a Cb radio. I'm just really getting into the old trucker movies from the 70s lol.

What would yours be, if you don't already have a real one??

View attachment 1716047941

Winterhawk or Winterbird for those in the know +AKA's FCC = KHFxxxx circa '75.
I was quite the butt head back in The Day like others.

Mom bought Wolf Creek Pass LP for B-day for me and still have it ( learned lyrics on am radiio as it played twice an hour even in SoCal on local country station. I bought Convoy later.

CW McCall was/is my hero. Traveling bread salesman from TMM area. Made a boatload of bread-$$$, 4x4, diners, dogs etc. songs and hardly heard from again.

Look for Sloan and The Old Home Filler Up and Keep on Trucking Cafe. You might laugh your *** off or be scarred for life like myself.lmao

That was a great show. One of Mama's favorites. We have the whole series on DVD.
RRR, When the Apocalypse or EMP hits the ol' CB maybe the best option ? I've been planning on getting several with upper/lower Sideband as well as linear amplifiers as why not. My neighbor is into Ham but we only yak over the fence several times a year when we stumble on each other.

RRR, When the Apocalypse or EMP hits the ol' CB maybe the best option ? I've been planning on getting several with upper/lower Sideband as well as linear amplifiers as why not. My neighbor is into Ham but we only yak over the fence several times a year when we stumble on each other.
Who knows? Some say it will take everything out, powered or not. Some say things must be turned on. Either way, it'll get the electrical grid, so unless you have some kind of generator that's unaffected, you're SOL. lol

Who knows? Some say it will take everything out, powered or not. Some say things must be turned on. Either way, it'll get the electrical grid, so unless you have some kind of generator that's unaffected, you're SOL. lol
Yeah I get it. 95 Roadmaster, K5 Blazer, 61 Utiline ,64 Dart, Starcraft boat all full of gas mostly, Gerry Cans also. Earl stuff should run lol.
Some LP bottles full, propane tree, stove and lantern. Water the problemo at least need bleach, tablets etc.

Not a worry wart but been evacuated with fires, earthquakes always a concern etc.

Did I mention Zombies lmao.

If nothing else help or party with neighbors !

Wolf Creek Pass-" Me and Earl were suckin' toothpicks drinkin' Nehis and Onion Soup mix, I said Earl let's give them chickens a ride . . . "

Back in 81-82, I made a cannon ball run between Skyland, NC and Clarkesville, TN every other weekend in my 70 Challenger 340. The national speed limit was still 55 mph, but I set the cruise on 80 and sent it! I had a CB in my car with a trunk mounted magnetic antenna. I mostly just listened at first until the truckers noticed that I was a regular and got to hollerin at me. They found out I was a lineman at the power company making runs to see my girlfriend at Austin Peay State University, so they named me "Pole Climber". It was a fun time for sure, and the truckers had my back just like I did theirs. I never got a ticket that entire year of running at least 25 mph over the speed limit, and TN State Troopers ain't no joke either. One turned around on me one Friday night when I was westbound on I-40, between Crossville and Cookeville, TN. It was dark and he didn't see what I was driving. When I saw him head into the median, I ran it up to about 130 for a few miles and when I was far enough ahead and rounded a curve, I pulled over and stopped, cut the car and lights off and hung a white rag in the window and slid down in the seat. He blew by at well over 100, and ain't seen me yet! One of my truckin buddies went by as I was firing back up and getting the rag back out of the window and I hear....'Pole Climber! You ok on the side?" I said "Yep....tan bear about got me....had to stop and play dead!" I haven't used my radio in years, but still have it.

:thumbsup:

My grandfather went by "Viking", my grandmother "Lady Viking" and when any of my brothers my sister or I visited we went by "Little Viking" I never picked up on it but my older brother did and adopted the "Little Viking"

Here is my Barracuda (when it was my Grandfathers) with a CB antenna on it.
1979-00-00_001.jpg

Alan

Last edited:
My grandfather went by "Viking", my grandmother "Lady Viking" and when any of my brothers my sister or I visited we went by "Little Viking" I never picked up on in but my older brother did and adopted the "Little Viking"

Here is my Barracuda (when it was my Grandfathers) with a CB antenna on it.
View attachment 1716048526

Alan
I worked with a “Viking” out of the southeastern Pa. area. He was of Viking descent.

Last edited:
-
Back