What is that switch underneath the headlight button?

-

War1

Reaction score
My 65 Vali has this blue switch sitting underneath the headlight button? Is it used for going on reverse?

Yup I'll have to post a pic. I had a second pair of eyes check while i flipped it. Seems that the "reverse" lights ignite. There has to be another function for this. I have a manual convertible...I'll have to post a pic soon.

Do the reverse lights come on when you actually put the car into reverse? Maybe its a manual reverse light switch?

my 65 barracuda with a 4 speed has a small bluish light under the headlight switch that is supposed to come on when the parking brake is applied. It is grounded to the brake lever..

That's the rare factory portasnorkel option.

hey come on the guy is asking for a little help eh! sorry War1 it's for making the jump to hyperspace , you flip it with your foot to the floor in top gear and all anybody see's is the lights on the back of the car

Do the reverse lights come on when you actually put the car into reverse? Maybe its a manual reverse light switch?

The reverse light doesn't activate on reverse....so yeah...the" little blue switch" to activate reverse or Porksnickels, Hyperspace, Fluxcapicitor, Draft beer mechanism....lolol man.:burnout:

found out how to upload pic. it's posted a few panels below... newbie.

stock-photo-blue-push-button-23884603.jpg

10752052-3d-button-help-blue-push-emergency-business.jpg

1247184551g3Q3oT.jpg

can-stock-photo_csp7590681.jpg

229946-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-3d-Blue-Question-Mark-Push-Button.jpg

10907714-3d-button-buy-blue-press-push-click.jpg

3559246-xs.jpg

GUEST_982261610_1302293785.gif

Could have been put there for lot's of things. Put one like that in a pickup, years ago for a light under the hood.

Couldda been added fog lights...almost anything. Some of them early cars like that had NO reverse lights, FWIW.

-
Back