What is the best process for storing a Thermo-Quad?

-

BigWhip

New to Mopar land
Reaction score
What is the best way to store a Thermo-Quad and have it not go bad?
Storage off the motor for about 6 to 10 months?

Thanks All

BW

Id spray it down in wd40 and stick it in a big zip lock . the wd will keep any corrosion from happening and also keep the gaskets from drying out.

Stabil is an additive that's supposed to keep gasoline from going bad. It used to work great, but doesn't seem to work as well with the crap gas we have now.. You'd put a pint or so in the tank and fill her up and run it a few miles.. I would do that, and then drain as much gas as you can out of the carb, and seal it in a plastic bag and keep it in a dry spot..

Another trick an engine builder told me is to rev the car up and pour Marvel Mystery Oil into the carb until it stalls out.. It'll smoke and maybe foul a plug after you re-start the car down the road, but it leaves a nice protective coating in the cylinder bores, so the rings don't rust and stick..

Kenny

Stay-bil is a very good product. I use it for my ride that see the same amount of sit and do nothing time as yours sometimes.

IF you do not get the stay-bil, take off the acrb, turn it upside down and get all the gasoline out. Use your had to wack open the throttle until the pump shot is empty. Get it inside if you can, the temp changes outside are not good for anything automotive.

-
Back