What is the difference between power brake pedal and manual pedal?

-

69MOPE

Reaction score
What is the difference in inches from the pivot centerline to the pushrod centerline between a power brake pedal and a manual pedal? I know the distance is shorter on the manual pedal but by how much?

I thought the pedals were the same. I put a power booster on my 65 Dart in place of the manual MC and noticed no fitment problem. Have only driven in a parking lot, but I tested locking up the brakes. On GM's there are 2 holes in the pedal because the power booster is angled up from the firewall.

Mopars are the same i think. When I was upgrading to disc brakes on a Co workers mustang I talked him out of going with power brake booster for two reasons. One I read that his car wasn't heavy enough to really need it and two he would have to change his peddle assembly. After wards he says it feels like he has power brakes.

What is the difference in inches from the pivot centerline to the pushrod centerline between a power brake pedal and a manual pedal? I know the distance is shorter on the manual pedal but by how much?

Same here. I have never heard of different pedals for power brakes vs manual brakes on our breed of Mopars.

just added a power booster to the 66 Barracuda and I lost pedal height. Bill when you did yours did the brake pedal stay the same height? I am trying to figure out what is different on mine. I did not change the brake pedal.

just added a power booster to the 66 Barracuda and I lost pedal height. Bill when you did yours did the brake pedal stay the same height? I am trying to figure out what is different on mine. I did not change the brake pedal.
Mine isn't a good reference since I am using a booster and MC from a late 90's Breeze. If anything, my brake pedal is a bit high rel. to the throttle, but maybe that was factory (didn't measure before I stripped it). I could just move the booster out more (nuts and washers). Not driving the car yet, so haven't tweaked anything.

I think there are differences in the actuator rods between manual and power
brakes but not positive

Same here. I have never heard of different pedals for power brakes vs manual brakes on our breed of Mopars.

exactly ....you might be thinking of C-bodies.....i used to build C boats and there is a difference between manual and power pedal .....but in A-bodies ....no difference

So why is the pedal so low after the booster was added? The booster came off a 66 Valiant and was just rebuilt. I have hard pedal and good brakes but I have lost about 2 inched and sure does not feel right on the foot. As far as brake rods go the manual master has the rod attached and the booster has the flat strap as a brake rod. Any good ideas???

-
Back