What is the function of this silver unit (letter C) by the fuse box and

-

318MoparGuy

MoparHokie
Reaction score
why would one plug-in (letter A-black wire) not be attached to the open prong/receptable on the silver unit? I don't know what the other plug-in (letter B with 2 blue wires with white stripes) does/goes to...if anything...(is it possibly for a test/diagnostic application added at the factory?). As shown, the other plug-in has always been plugged into the silver unit, but I wonder if there is a reason for one (A or B) not being plugged in? Please let me know which one should be plugged in and why....Thank you in advance for your responses and appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Greg
mv2p9g.jpg

2mexpup.jpg

Almost looks like the starter relay best I can tell. I'm sure someone that knows more than I will chime in, but that gives you a theory to start researching. It's been far too long since I've had an abode for me to be able to say which wire goes where. However, if I'm not mistaken (IF) a and b go to the ballast resistor.
Sorry I can't be more help bud.

year/ make /model ? could be the seat belt buzzer, people unplug them because they don't like the noise.

Almost looks like the starter relay best I can tell. I'm sure someone that knows more than I will chime in, but that gives you a theory to start researching. It's been far too long since I've had an abode for me to be able to say which wire goes where. However, if I'm not mistaken (IF) a and b go to the ballast resistor.
Sorry I can't be more help bud.
it's under the dash, not hood:D

If wire A possibly plugs in for the seat belt buzzer (sounds logical as to why it is unplugged), then what is the function of plug-in B?
Thanks,
Greg

That's the horn relay and "key in" buzzer

Go here and download the 72 shop manual which should be close

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970088617

Page 8-150

M16-20BK goes up to the column switch.

The other disconnected wire, the blue/ white is most likely switched ignition run, used for some accessory that is not installed. As cars got more and more modern, with more and more options, you'd find "more and more" unconnected connectors here and there.

Attachments

• horn.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 186
does/ did it have air? it may also be the ac clutch relay, my fsm is for 74, I just went to advance auto web site and typed relay in the search, and the ac relay has the same plugs.

The "metal can" is the key in buzzer....your "A" black wire gets plugged into it....I am absolutely certain because I have a 1973 340 dodge dart sport and just checked....my buzzer works and I can feel the cannister buzzing when my key is in

The two blue wires go to the plastic module above above this buzzer canister....It is not shown in your pics but is just above this one if you look.....white colored plastic housing

That's the horn relay and "key in" buzzer

Go here and download the 72 shop manual which should be close

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970088617

The horn always worked and now that you mention it, it is quiet when I put in the key....half of box does the horn and the other half does key buzzer?...might be it. Thanks for the shop manual info and thanks to all for taking the time to respond...appreciate it....Greg

Hi All,
Just plugged in A wire to metal can and yep...now my car key buzzer is operational.
Thanks to all as always for your help and a very Happy Turkey Day to all...GOBBLE TILL YOU WOBBLE!!!!!!!!!!
All the Best,
Greg

not one person asked if his horn works... looks like the horn relay...

and A goes to C

-
Back