What is the most you'd ever spend on a more door ^A-body (non wagon)

Prices

• $500

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • $1000

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • $2500

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • $5000

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • $10,000

• Parts Cars must be less than $1500

• Total voters
-
Wow.... Wide open.

Tight, strait total factory exterior - but with serious sleeper qualities under the hood and drivetrain. Could be fun

Depends on the car! What are you looking at? If the car is really nice it’s obviously worth more!

I own three I love, what I paid is my business. ;-)

After 35 years in the Mopar hobby, I have my first more door, a 64 Belvedere. I have sorta wanted a four door for a few years, but I got this car on a trade. It is a 95% rust free and a runner (318 PB). I love the early Bs.
The good part is I traded a Wagon I had $500 in. so my inititial investment is nill. I did the body/paint work, tuned it, did some brake and exhaust work, new tires, got it where you can drive it anywhere. I had to get a bonded title. Bad part is I had to replace the windshield and back glass and gaskets. That added another $1000 to the ledger. I replaced the front seat with new Smittybilt A100 style buckets, windlace and carpet. I call it 98% done. Needs headliner and a little wiring work on taillites.
Here in Tx it is not a hotbed for Mopar. I have had it listed on FB Marketplace and elsewhere for $5500 for a couple months or so.. I have had one offer of $4000 over the phone.
My point is STILL, most people think of more doors as only parts cars. Not that many people that want them. Only reason I have some cars for sale is I'm 74 and hard to finish projects. The more door is just about done, so IF it the last one to sell, thats fine with me. I like it. If I work for FREE,I could sell it for $4000 and not lose a nickle, I just hate doing all the work for free. $1500 labor for body/paint work is almost FREE!!!
If a person got a more door project for free, and he did all the work, and never wanted to sell it,,, he might be OK!!!
Sorry if these comments go off track!

Depends on the car! What are you looking at? If the car is really nice it’s obviously worth more!

I'm not looking for anything, just ran across this for sale on craigslist. I thought to myself nobody would pay that and decided to start a poll hahahaha
00z0z_gnFhuhsi7FEz_0yQ0q8_600x450.jpg

73 Dart - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

Last edited:
Yup, someone will buy that.

Here is what I'm talking about :D

63 Belvedere 4dr with a 318.

View attachment 1715898137
That is pretty much what the 64 Bel I talked about in post #5 is EXCEPT I have not paid the $$$$$ for new bumpers and polished the stainless etc! I love the early B's and the reason I got into the early Darts is to me they are like the early B cars in style.
Most people will probably put more $$ in making a four door nice than it might be worth IF a person wants to sell.
It costs basically the same $$ to restore a 69383 Roadrunner as it does a 65 slant Dart. The initial cost of the project no doubt is different!!!

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

That '73 has real problems with the hood and header panel. IF it was really nice the price is fair. That one should be about half that. But, I'm at the point in my life that I'm not even looking for any more old cars. I've got two cars to finish and enjoy...

I paid $2500 for this dart to part it out. I needed parts from it. Made my money back and got everything I needed for my Demon free. I still have parts left.

106_0129.JPG

106_0263.JPG

106_0112.JPG

83245177_795755877564980_675449964540723200_n.jpg

I can't remember what I paid for a parts 4 door car a couple years ago but we drove all the way to Arizona from kc to get it

You only get what you pay for. The more you pay the more you get. This one was a gold mine. AC car The first thing you do is drive them if possible and see what the beating abuse they take. Then the surgery with the biggest expense being spot weld drills.

The best part is whats under the seats. I had to ban Dave 69383valiant from the interior due to him always beating me to the valuables.LOL

Some of the items you find under seats date back to when the car was new, Some pretty cool items. So when you buy an old car one of the questions should be did you ever have the back seat out? If the answer is no that adds a couple Dollars LOL

Never bring a fold down back seat car home without bug bombing it first. 2 dart sports were loaded with carpenter ants. They moved in my garage twice. They did a lot of damage before I caught it. That's a story in itself.

This car was absolutely rust free, A gold mine for Dave to save a 2dr. sedan

00m0m_h5HXhDm9Mvr_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_2KtVxdqZqQA_600x450.jpg

106_0678.JPG

106_0681.JPG

20180324_173137.jpg

20180324_173213.jpg

20180331_161651.jpg

20180331_161702.jpg

You only get what you pay for. The more you pay the more you get. This one was a gold mine. AC car The first thing you do is drive them if possible and see what the beating abuse they take. Then the surgery with the biggest expense being spot weld drills.

The best part is whats under the seats. I had to ban Dave 69383valiant from the interior due to him always beating me to the valuables.LOL

Some of the items you find under seats date back to when the car was new, Some pretty cool items. So when you buy an old car one of the questions should be did you ever have the back seat out? If the answer is no that adds a couple Dollars LOL

Never bring a fold down back seat car home without bug bombing it first. 2 dart sports were loaded with carpenter ants. They moved in my garage twice. They did a lot of damage before I caught it. That's a story in itself.

This car was absolutely rust free, A gold mine for Dave to save a 2dr. sedan

View attachment 1715898441

View attachment 1715898442

View attachment 1715898443

View attachment 1715898444

View attachment 1715898446

View attachment 1715898447

View attachment 1715898448

View attachment 1715898449
Lol that was a really nice car. Too bad it was in a flood. Still got all the parts I needed.

Another way to look at this- you most likely spend a lot more for a two dr or conv, some people spend a bundle to restore them and then don’t drive them much, I believe it’s all about enjoying the ride and you’ll still get a thumbs up

I never take a car to a car show, but I enjoy seeing the rides and talking to the peeps I connect to. This always seem to be the guy with the four door 55 Chevy (Never do I see any more door Mopar) or the guy or kid with the rough slant six build.
Bottom line is, most guys have room for just one car so they want their "dream" car which is usually not a more door.always in mind and think a car loaded with 2 more doors is SO heavy it can not run strong! Really?
Some guys have the "muscle car" mentality and could never love a more door?
But some older guys like to have an easy setup for his friend and wife to ride to the cruise in or just out for a burger.
Some peep like me, see beauty in the design of some more door models.
The more door that makes the most sense is a solid driver that can be bought worth the $.

-
Back