What is the proper name for this?

-

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone could tell me what this fitting is called?
And I also need to know how to remove the sender/sensor?
I assume the black wire goes into the under hood harness. If not where does it lead to?
Thanks!

Attachments

• brakes.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 161
It's a proportioning valve. The wire should just twist/pull of, it's what triggers the brake light in the dash.

Combo/saftey valve switch. A wrench or socket will remove the actual switch component.

Thank you!
I thought the wire pulled off but I didn't want to damage it.

I agree with the others, but looking at the condition of the surrounding area, i have to think this is a resto project, or your removing it from a parts car for another project. Not sure of the pricing and availability, but i'd probably just replace it if possible.

It might have a little resistance because that post it's on is threaded, but it will pull off.

I agree with the others, but looking at the condition of the surrounding area, i have to think this is a resto project, or your removing it from a parts car for another project. Not sure of the pricing and availability, but i'd probably just replace it if possible.

It's a resto mod and its coming out to prep the bay for paint. All new brake lines and parts are going back in.
I just found a few suppliers and they are about $85 Thanks!

-
Back