What is the world coming to ??

-

Mikes72dart

Reaction score
Ok so I live in a small town in the Kootenays (B.C). Work at a lead smelter thats been here for over a 100yrs. Get home last night and my wife is like did you hear about the 2 kids who made a video on how to kill your teacher(posted it on you tube). Um what hello WTF. Where do they live.(right away I'm thinking big town city) Nope they live here in my small town. Two boys 11 and 13. How the fridge does this happen? When I was that age we were outside playing(summer or winter) Building forts,playing road hockey,kick the can,flash light tag,dirt biking. Trying to kiss the girl maybe grab her bum. My small town bubble of its a good place to raise my kids is busted. Question is what do I do now. Given our lack of punishment in this country we'll wait untill one of these kids shoots or beats another kid and then say yep saw that coming. Not sure if there's is really a question in there but I am missing the days where a hand shake was good, you could trust your neighbor and your kids friends parents to watch over your kids when thier in their house.

Really sad, isn't it? Even small towns aren't as safe as they used to be any more. A large number of today's kids have no respect for themselves, and consequently, no respect for anyone or anything else.

Really sad, isn't it? Even small towns aren't as safe as they used to be any more. A large number of today's kids have no respect for themselves, and consequently, no respect for anyone or anything else.

look at their parents, never take them to church or teach them about god. no respect for any thing, or anyone!

The problem is parents are not parents any longer! The pay no attention to their kids, just give them stuff to keep them out their way so they can socialize with Buffy & Todd and talk about going on vacations in the islands and driving their Ecslades. Then they force the kids to play every sport in the world and run them all over, living out out their own past and dreams! Just my thoughts on this

The problem is parents are not parents any longer! The pay no attention to their kids, just give them stuff to keep them out their way so they can socialize with Buffy & Todd and talk about going on vacations in the islands and driving their Ecslades. Then they force the kids to play every sport in the world and run them all over, living out out their own past and dreams! Just my thoughts on this

^^^
Spoken for truth Sir!!!
With Respects however I must add one caveat from personal experience.

My three siblings could not have been more diametrically opposed on life interests,
'budding' political views, and interpretation of the opposite sex !!!!

Yep that there is an Parents --- wtf do I do--- conundrum.!!

I shut down Direct Tv, I shut down the phablets, I shut down the WiFi router.

Oh Weezus the whine could be heard into the next county !!!

Until I gathered up said 'dissenters' & went to fly an kite (2 actually),
Built an soap box derby car, (which did not place).
A fire in the tall Pines & the obligatory 'what do You Smell'
A trip to the local skate board park, (with Pops blasting Metallica's Unforgiven II)
from My now ruined speakers.

I was humbled beyond belief...

Back on topic...
"what do I do now"

---The Letter of the Law brings Death, The Spirit of the Law Brings Life and Freedom---

-
Back