what is this hoes - pic attached

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
no idea what it goes to. note the arrows - thats the hose i mean.

hose.jpg

is it a heater hose or a hose for the air conditoning

It's a vacuum hose from the manifold. usually it goes to the power brake booster but if it's not needed in your case, plug it or put a plug in the manifold or you will have a heck of a vacuum leak.

I see the pcv valve port on the front of the carb....get a pcv valve hook it to the big port on the front of the carb.the one in your hand goes to brake booster if you have power brakes and if not plug it at the manifold

ok well there are 2 hoses - not hoes oops - 1 is about 3 feet long the other about 1.5 feet. do i just plug both of them? they both come off the same outlet in the manifold.

hoses1.jpg

hoses2.jpg

i thought the smaller one was the booster line. and i know it is ugly right now - just want it to run then i'll pretty it up over the winter

Put a nice pipe plug in the intake and clean up the whole mess,I assume you do not have power brakes...and you will want a pcv valve or the car will run rich...

Put a nice pipe plug in the intake and clean up the whole mess,I assume you do not have power brakes...and you will want a pcv valve or the car will run rich...

x2

Get a pipe plug at a hardware store and it will look much better. Take the port with you so they can match the threads.

emissions hose to a cannister, that is now missing?

That's a main vacuum port. No emissions canister went straight to a 3/8 hose vacuum line. The other guys are right about it being for the power brake booster which his car apparently doesn't have.

-
Back