What is this part ?

-

grassy

Reaction score
I have an a727 transmission that I am mounting a B&M shifter to it..ordering the cable and mounting hardware but I seem to be missing a part ?

I believe it goes into the shift lever hole and B&M calles it a Chrysler lever ? I need to buy a yoke off a 727 so I can mount my driveshaft...is this another part that I can have pulled off ?

What should I expect to pay for these at a salvage yard ?

Thanks
ian.

If you bought a new shifter kit, the lever should have been included. A price for a used 727 yoke will depend on application. They range from $20-75.

No..I bougt the B&M shifter earlier..buying the cable and bracket & lever kit today but have a hole where the shift lever is supposed to go in the hole...

t1-X2.jpg

Anybody ?

Ian.

The shift lever slides over a shaft coming out of the transmission. It has a flat on one side so the lever will only fit in one spot.

No..I bought the B&M shifter earlier..buying the cable and bracket & lever kit today but have a hole where the shift lever is supposed to go in the hole...

t1-X2.jpg

Anybody ?

Ian.

Can you be a tad more specific? Are you talking about the cable swivel?

When out and re compaired the trans with a diagram I downloaded...been monsooning all day...I do have a stub sticking up where the shift lever is (whew) but I still have a large round hole...could this be where you put the speedo pinion ?

Grassy

Where is this hole? Can you take a picture and post it? The speedo pinion goes into the tailshaft extension housing. The B&M shift lever is clocked different than a stock lever so a stock lever won't work. If you didn't get one with the shifter you'll need to buy the B&M lever kit. Unfortunately when you buy that kit you'll also get to pay for a lever for a GM and a lever for a Ford just to get the one you need for a Mopar. That's why I never buy a shifter unless it comes with all the hardware.

..it is the speedo penion hole and actually, you can get a 727 only lever kit now..
Appreciate ll the help especially with my lack of proper dexcription.

Both pieces available in the junkers..

Grassy

..it is the speedo penion hole and actually, you can get a 727 only lever kit now..
Appreciate ll the help especially with my lack of proper dexcription.

Both pieces available in the junkers..

Grassy

Ahh.... Your lucky. I needed one of those levers and had to buy the complete kit.

-
Back