what is this spray gun?

-

1971dodgedart/6

Reaction score
001-3.jpg

Looks like a Shutz gun although I've never seen one quite like that. If the top part has inner threads I would bet that is what it is, a gravity feed one, mine is suction feed. It's for shooting bedliner/undercoating materials.

This is what I have, the one you show looks like a fancy version, it's very simplistic, point and shoot. Of course I could be wrong and it's something entirely different :-D

DSC02688.jpg

DSC02689.jpg

that was my first thought too! i got it from work somone damaged a pallet of them and so some were up for grabs. the top part is threaded like its eady for a hopper..but than the piece at the end of the barrel has a barbed nipple and like a needle valve? real weird. it cant be for anything else tho..

that was my first thought too! i got it from work somone damaged a pallet of them and so some were up for grabs. the top part is threaded like its eady for a hopper..but than the piece at the end of the barrel has a barbed nipple and like a needle valve? real weird. it cant be for anything else tho..

I can only guess that the barbed nipple and needle help further break down the material so it isn't quite as chunky when it splatters out. Just a wild *** guess though. I'd love to try it out, I'd buy one if I could, any left?

I have never seen one like that, but I will try to copy picture and ask at work. One of the chemists must of seen one like it. I work for a paint company.

I think it's a prop used in the movie "You Only Restore Twice" starring 0.08 James Bondo.

I can only guess that the barbed nipple and needle help further break down the material so it isn't quite as chunky when it splatters out. Just a wild *** guess though. I'd love to try it out, I'd buy one if I could, any left?
if you want it, ill sell it to you, i dont think im going to use it. whats your offer?

-
Back