what is this?

-
70's Dodge trucks were good for the old Air Boxes/Vents under the dash too, same issue too... I remember as a little kid my dad said to me "Open the vents." So i slipped down out of the seat belt, flipped the door open and got 5 pounds of acorns and leaves in the face :eek:ops:

The following week, my dad installed an Under-Dash A/C unit in the truck :p

When I started driving, I drove around in a Dodge D50 pickup with Black Vinyle Interior & no A/C. The vents just pumped hot air into the truck, so that was a losing battle. So what i'd do is open the sunroof backwards (so it forced air down into the cab), open the rear slider window and crank down both door windows. It didn't do much to get rid of that "satan's sauna" effect that the black vinyle interior produced, but at least i had cool air moving around. :thumrigh:

I am replacing my stock heater only Duster with a Classic Air A/C unit. As the stock heater box and the passenger side fresh air vent box are one unit, I no longer have a fresh air vent on that side. I was going to remove the drivers side box as well, but my son thought it was neat and asked that I leave it in the car.

-
Back