dowboy1970

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any help will be great!

cars for sale 005.jpg

cars for sale 007.jpg

LOL, got me there, Thought it was a 727

I am gonna fill it full of gunpowder, then light it and ride the hell out of it, as soon as I rig up my lawnmower seat to it!!!!

Lets be serial!! what is it? can you tell?

I'm gonna guess a cast iron OD 4 speed.

Look on the opposite side. See if it has a machined pad with some numbers stamped in it.

Ok, I will, how can you tell the OD from the close ratio?

Ok, I will, how can you tell the OD from the close ratio?

Put it in 3rd gear and see how many times the output shaft turns for each turn of the input shaft. Normal 4 speed will be around 1 1/4 turn on the output for 1 full turn on the input. An OD will be around 3/4 of a turn. Also most ODs used the one piece speedo drive/cable. Yours is set up for a screw on cable. 3rd gear would be the front shift shaft turned clockwise.

IF and I mean IF, the Bell and the transmission match... it is a '69 A-body 4-speed. The side cover is a pre-'70 one, and the bell is aluminum. That is about all you are going to be able to get from those photos. You need to take photos in the light. It is NOT OD.

you need to sell that to me..its a boat anchor...lol....

IF and I mean IF, the Bell and the transmission match... it is a '69 A-body 4-speed. The side cover is a pre-'70 one, and the bell is aluminum. That is about all you are going to be able to get from those photos. You need to take photos in the light. It is NOT OD.
I agree

You guys are great!!!!
I was told it was a 69 model a body, Will try to get pics of bearings in front and get #s.

Thanks for all the help and laughs

-
Back