What kind of radiator?

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I dont know whether to stay with the one that was in the Duster or to go to an Aluminum one. 26in wide. The car will have 4.10 gears so on the high way it will be reving at like 3000. And If I go with aluminum I think Im going to stay with the crank driven fan. Any help is good help

I really do not see aluminum as an advantage in a street car for most applications. While anyone here can go argue (Without me) about the aluminum vs. standard rad.'s cooling abilty, I have found that the basics applied well and common sense when doing things will go along way.

For a easy, near zero hassle deal, a New OE rad. and electric fan will go a long way. Make sure the inside of the engine is dirt and rust free with new coolent.
IF you can use the stock shroud with the electic fan, use it. Craft one if you can. This helps cooling alot.

Well the stocker is 26in and IT use to go to 180 and that was with the stock 318 and now I will have a bigger motor and looser converter and higher gears, So I wanted the best solution
and this motor will be raced on the weekends

I was running a stock radiator with underdrive march pulleys on the street and it wanted to heat up. Always made me nervous. Went with a be cool and love it. Best money spent. Cruise around town or Go to the track and race round and round and no problems. Usually I'm in the lanes with the car running to warm it up to race while everyone else is trying to cool things off.

I think you'll be fine if the rad. is clear and free flowing. Set the electric fan to cool at a low temp. On early.

There is some yellow goldish stuff on the inlet and outlet tubes and when I drained it, The coolant looked kind of gold/orangish

I think Ill Keep What I have for now, Then switch If I have Troubles.

-
Back