what kind of torque can you get with all the bolt ons and cam?

-
"drive around the block" not saying you can't, just saying that when you do, you are most likely tracing someone elses path,, using catalog parts,what has been done before,,,, not that's a bad idea, just saying most v8's are not very original, that is OK as some folks need cookbooks,
Are you drinking? You do know that the slant six has been around LONGER than a "LA" v8 right?

"miles ahead with a v8"
well then be happy with where you are, Mopar's are always cool, but my authentic performance slant gets tons more attention than the row after row of performance Mopar V8's,, Hemi's and BB Wedges are fun, but after seeing 20 of these, is there really anything new? And can you really drive one, block to block- around the neighboorhood? I like unique cars, that are driveable. Your teen will get lost parked next to a nice slant.

I didn't build my V8 to park it in a line and watch people drool over it; I built mine to be like a barnstormer, to smoke the tires, to make an awesome noise, and to go 93mph in the 1/8th.
And yet my teenage son can take it to Grad, and he and his girlfriend can tour it around until 4AM.
And yet, I can fill it up with 87 and drive 12 hours to visit a friend in a far-away place.
And yet, I can take it to work every day, all year, year after year.
While you and your slanty can sip tea and talk girl-talk til 4 on a Sunday afternoon, if the sun is shining.

EDIT O dear; I just noticed I'm in the slanty forum. I guess I owe you guys an apology. YeahBut, I had 4 slantys in 47years, and that's 4 too many.

Last edited:
love my /6 in my lil red wanna be!! perfect putt around truck! but building another duster for street strip fun with a lil teener roller cam motor!! 6 cylinder motors are known for torque, all things being even but the /6 has its limitations where the sb V 8 has endless possibility's! but if i had enuff money my 2nd duster would have a stoker BB and id be wanting a blower!! in the end, your use of finished product should determine your build following a well executed plan to get there...DWB

-
Back