What leafs are you running on lowered A body's?

-

Graminizer

The "Big G"
Reaction score
I'm at the point where I need to order my leaf springs. I am going for a pro touring look so I want the best leafs for a lowered stance. I have already started my mini tub and spring relocation using the US Car Tool kit. What are you guys using for leaf springs?

For my streeter, 68Barracuda FormulaS clone;
I have a saggy HD set, with an eye to eye second HD main added. I didn't really want to tell you this,but WTH.The combo has very little arch left.(Installed, Ima guessing 2 or maybe 3 inches). I had them built for my 73 Dart back in about 1980.In fact to get the rear shackle angle right, I had to move the offset hangers back some.With the nearly flat springs there is very little rear-end side-shift going on, and I can run 325/50-15DRs (nearly28s),fairly aggressively around turns.
The car is set up with the K at about 5.75 to 6.0 under the lowest part of the K with 235/60-14s(24.5) or 245/50-15s(25.0) front tires. Then I have 295/50-15s(26.6) on the rear. This gets me about .25 inch frt/rr rake at the sills.It's getting harder every year to hoist my 210pounds out of the RX7 bucket.

Like pauly v 100,, I did a Volare' with the HD springs and the adjustable front hangers. That thing lay on the ground with the spring eye in the lowest hole. Sorry no pictures.

I'm at the point where I need to order my leaf springs. I am going for a pro touring look so I want the best leafs for a lowered stance. I have already started my mini tub and spring relocation using the US Car Tool kit. What are you guys using for leaf springs?
hey there,maybe you can help me out,,,I building a 65 dart,do you know whats the widest tire size tire I can put under it ,my rear centerlines are 10 wide 15'',,do you think Ill have to narrow my springs in? I appreciate any help !! thanks from N.B

-
Back