What lower radiator hose for 5.9 swap

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
So I've got the 5.9 in my '68 Dart but my old lower radiator hose isn't going to work.

I've kept the magnum serpentine setup and have a champion radiator which has the connection in basically the stock A-body location. Just wondering what other guys might have used. A part number or application for the hose you used would help.

Anyone ?

Well I went over to Advance auto parts yesterday with my old A-body hose and just matched it up. Hose I bought was way too long, but had a section that was just what I needed. Cut it down a little and worked perfect.

Well I went over to Advance auto parts yesterday with my old A-body hose and just matched it up. Hose I bought was way too long, but had a section that was just what I needed. Cut it down a little and worked perfect.
what was the hose for originally? i never could find one for my 72, ended up using one of those stupid universal hoses.

So I've got the 5.9 in my '68 Dart but my old lower radiator hose isn't going to work.

I've kept the magnum serpentine setup and have a champion radiator which has the connection in basically the stock A-body location. Just wondering what other guys might have used. A part number or application for the hose you used would help.

Anyone ?

I used one of those ribbed universal hoses. It is good in that it will never collapse under suction because of the ribbing, and it fits pretty much out of sight.

Y'all should see my lower hose... it's made out of 3 different sections and 2 hose clamps!! :wtf: Lol

Found a pic. Lol. Someday I'll change it for a "proper" hose but it's worked pretty good so far. There's a smaller diameter hose inside the 2 sections then I just put hose clamps on to hold it all together.. redneck, I know, but it'll do for now.

IMG_0773.JPG

I ordered a stock lower hose for my 70 dart. About to go pick it up. Hope it works for my magnum swap. What upper hose is everyone using for the stock serpentine with A/C?

Ok, here's a couple pics and a part number for the hose I bought and cut to fit.
Don't know the application but its a CARQUEST Dayco E71901
I cut off almost as much as I used, but I think it worked pretty well.

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

I returned the 70 dart lower and bought a lower for a '94 V8 dakota. It's fits great but the E71901 hose you have looks perfect. I might buy that and try it

My upper hose is a '71 Scamp 318 with A/C hose. Works fine, but might be a problem if I had the a/c compressor in place.

In these pics you can also see the little bracket I made to keep my heater hoses in place were I want them. It's bolted on to one of the carb studs.

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG

That upper hose would be an issue since I'm keeping A/C. My dart has a heater valve mounted on the inner fenders so my heater hoses won't be routed as nice as yours.

-
Back