What magazines do you read?

-
I have been a subscriber to Mopar Muscle and Mopar Action for a lot of years.

Action with Rich Ehrenberg has good Tech and Resto.
Muscle is improving lately in the Tech area.

Mopar Enthusiast is new and still getting the kinks out, but has articles the others don't.

Car Crap... Uuhh Car Craft is cr.... Well they are the only mag so far that has done an in depth article on putting a 5.7 in an A body. Parts lists and what needs to be cut and what doesn't.

GM Hot Rod..... It's the first so..... GM biased....

Just my opinion.

fastmopar

I read Mopar Muscle. But not for too much longer. To be honest its to much advertising and not enough tech and articles. JMO.

I read Mopar Muscle. But not for too much longer. To be honest its to much advertising and not enough tech and articles. JMO.
I agree let my subscription laps, Muscle car reveiw's 340 F.A.S.T. build was cool. going to get that mag

Mopar Action
Mopar Enthusiast
Muscle car Review...

I write for all three.....!

I must be the uber magazine nerd.I will read anything about wheels.Everything you guys named,I read if I can get my hands on it.I'll even read the minivan roadtests in womans whatever!

Funny......even though I enjoy reading Car and Driver from time to time......it is well-written....(seems like mostly when I'm on an airplane going somewhere...) and as I'm reading about some "SUV crossover comparo....or Volvo 50,000 mile update.....or hearing how great the new BMW 3-series is......I have to stop and ask myself "what the hell am I doing reading this garbage?"...

You know, when you're singing the praises of traction control......you're getting old!:jocolor:

Mopar Muscle, sometimes I buy a Mopar Action, Mopar Collector's guide, Hemmings Muscle Machines is great (anyone catch that yellow 383 4spd Dart?) Hot Rod is kind of a right of passage lol, Car Craft, Drag Illustrated, and Playboy for the articles:-D JK

It seems like most of us get the "generic mags" just in case they run a mopar (good) article. Anyone remember the 1400hp procharged 451 Hot Rod did a writeup on that used off the shelf parts? supposed to even be streetable=P~

Hemmings Muscle Machines
im in the middle of a great issuse that has a great article called ultimate mopar shootout Hemi Vs Wedge

Hemmings Muscle Machines
im in the middle of a great issuse that has a great article called ultimate mopar shootout Hemi Vs Wedge

oooh! is that a slightly older issue with a roadrunner and a GTX I think it was duking it out?? If so it seemed rigged to me, the cars had differences in the drivetrain outside of the motors, shoulda been same tail gears!!

ya its an older issue
its got a beutiful 72 chevelle ls5 on the cover

Mopar Muscle
Mopar Action
Mopar Collectors Guide
Muscle Car
Heavy Hitters is all I can think of right now.

Oh and pretty much all Car selling mags(Deals on wheels, Autabuy etc.)

GARAGE MAGAZINE

Not just a car magazine, more of a lifestyle magazine. I love every issue. It's not a bargain and I think it's only four times a year. It took a 9-10 months for my subscription to even start but the last issue has an article on Stompin' Stu Thomsen and there is a pic or two of the bike I got from him last summer.

I also read HMM, Muscle car review and the Mopar mags.

I stopped reading Mopar Muscle and let my sub. lapse. The tech is subpar IMO. Never find anything interesting in it anymore. I have a Car Craft sub. that I plan to let go of. That magazine is mind-numbingly bad right now, there's been nothing worth reading in there for a couple years. Only reason I get it is because it's like $10 a year and I figure I'll buy at least two a year. Same thing with Hot Rod even though Dave is back at the helm.

Hemmings Muscle Machines is the best. I also Read Mopar Action. I love the Rodder's Journal but that's almost a coffee table book. Every now and again I'll get Muscle Car Review. I get Engine Masters too, Stecve Dulcich always has something interesting to read. I don't read Mopar Enthusiast or MCG.

So there it is:

Mopar Action
Engine Masters
Rodder's Journal
Muscle Car Review
Hot Rod Deluxe
Engine Masters

Yup,I agree. I let my subscription end too and didnt renew. I dont think tech should consist of installing kits.
Thats all you see on these horsepower tv shows,is idiots installing $$$$.Never anything practical like teaching people fabrication skill etc.

Thats what I liked about the musclecar show when that crazy sob Lou was the star. He did EVERYTHING and fabbed a lot of stuff.Plus he's nuts...

They still do a lot of fabbing on that musclecar show,but I miss crazy Lou...

-
Back