What makes mopar guy different?

-
me and my best friend have been mopar fans for our whole life,and were two guys you would like to be around all the time were great guys and we know our dodges very well ,were both 61 years old and have been best friends since we were sixteen years old ive never met a better man than wayne ,thanks tim

Mopar people. Where I grew up, there were 40GMs and 30 mustangs for every dodge or plymouth powerhouse in the county. For us that were raised mopar and born with blue, pentastar shaped blood, it has always been about the passion of our cars, and the people that drive them.

We are looked down upon, meh, don't bother me.

Mopar guys as many have stated have a passion for the hobby as well as the cars. Many of us have learned that turning that wrench at times is the most theraputic thing in the world. And at other times, that cracked knuckle, causes the wratchet to fly thru the garage wall, only to be cut out sheepishly the next day.

For me, I enjoy seeing all types, and the most frequent show I go to is a car guys get together , its there every sunday, and the gambit of makes and models all show up. The local club is also great to go do things with. Mopar only shows for me, mean there will be vendors that sell stuff that will fit my car. Yes, I will put my dart into MATS when I can, heck, its a lot closer parking, and I got a discounted dyno test while I was there. Had a great time, talked to some aweaome people. I rarely see the look of disapproval from a mopar guy for any mopar. At shows, if you have to expect if u put something I'm the show, most people will pick it apart, never take it seriously, its your car, and people will pick.

Mopar people know more about the correct options for a car than any othe group of critics out there, but we friggen love the power that comes with a good ride, no matter the actual condition of the exterior body, or the interior for that matter. I'm sure I'm not the only one who rode in a car barely back on the road, while sitting on a 5gal bucket.

Now back to the hobby, its my opinion that those in it for the money, will eventually go away. And those that joined to flip a 69 roadrunner, got hooked and were changed into true mopar people will stay.

One more thought... A mopar guy, will always help a friend fix his chevy or ford, but turn the tables, and how often is the opposite the case.

I get tired of certain people who say " if your worried about the price you should just buy a chebby"...it's derogatory to new mopar owners who bought the car because it was the 1st gem they laid there eyes on when they were younger ...dream car.... but when I would talk to some guys on FB and have a question or seek guidance all I get is hostility. But I try to let that roll off the shoulders

ive seen a lot of this on other mopar forums. but so far i have seen almost none of that on this forum. which is good

I found the " reply button" but not the size change thing.
young people might understand some of us " older generation ' guys have been around for many decades and might require anyone, any age to prove their sincerity and worth before we jump right in. maybe some of us, young and old, have seen things in our life that makes us leary, cautious,????
I've had several young mopar friends over the years when I was 20 yrs older than them. they proved to me their sincerity, honesty, and integrity BEFORE they came into my shop and helped me wrench on anything. would have been same thing if they were 20 yrs older than me.... now I was glad for the help and company and they were glad to have a chance to work on a cool car . we wound up trading favors, parts, cars, stories, etc...
I can strike up a conversation with any mopar or car guy in a minute. I can usually spot a wanna-be, counterfeit, lier, cheat, thief OR an honest sincere good person just as quick. but I will give anyone a chance to show his true colors. screw me once, your fault, do it twice, its my fault?????
now you meet some car guy new. ask him questions bout his stuff and listen. if he wants to hear bout you. let him ask when hes ready.. we all learn by listening, not talking???
no offence taken bout the size of the letters. I can see, just hard to correct stuff with small letters.

their empty wallets! lol their willingness to eat ketchup soup so they can buy a new part! that's what makes mopar guys different! trust me I know I have allways been a mopar guy! since 9 years old mopar guys are weirdos! my yard looks rough but my car kicks ***! but all the neighborhood kids know where to get their flat tire filled with air or their bike fixed yeah im that guy!

Hey Barbee, here's some instructions for posting that might help.

1)When you're at that Quick Reply message box at the bottom of a page and want to reply, click on the Go Advanced button beneath it.

2)Another page that has more options will open.

3)Towards the top of the new message box there is a sizes button. If you click on it a drop down list of font sizes will appear. Pick a size that will work for you. A size 3 is a good size jump.

4) From this same 'advanced' page you can add 'smilies' and pictures.

5)To add pictures, click on the icon that looks like a paper clip. When you click on it another 'smaller' window will open that says UPLOAD PICTURES at the top. If you click on one of the BROWSE buttons another window will open that allows you to search for pictures on your computer that you want to upload. There are 10 different BROWSE buttons that will each allow you to post another picture.

6) after picking photos you want to upload, you need to click on the UPLOAD button. After a minute or so they will be uploaded and you can click on the CLOSE THIS WINDOW button at the bottom of that window.

7)Now you will be back to the page where you were composing your message. To insert your images, click on the spot on your message where you want the picture(s) to appear. Where you see the blinking cursor is the location. Now click on the paper clip icon again. It will give you the option to put them all in your message at one time or you can put individual pictures in between texts (sort of like captions)

I hope this helps. It took me forever to get it figured out myself, but once you get the hang of it. - it's not too bad.

And as far as the eyesight thing goes, I use a 40" monitor in my garage so I can read things.

As a recovering chevy/ford guy. I can tell you I had the hardest time to become a mopar car owner. I ran into such bullshit wih dealing with mopar sellers. I ended up in two altercations. One was a guy that raises his price of his car after I offered to not only pay his asking price but to pay him twice his delivery fee. I was just wanting the car but he raised his price 100 dollars on me. He did this with a can of natty light rattling in his fingers and a cocky attitude. When I slapped it out of his hand as he put it on his lips. My 8 month pregnant wife was pulling on my arm to stop me from killing him. I just drove 3.5 hours one way to have this guy f-bomb with me. Was a 63 polaris and a great field find. But I dont do douchbag dealers no matter what.
second guy was a hemi block and heads. Tried to pay him cash for all of it as stated for the items. He tried to dart into his house with my cash and the heads. I screwed his *** into the floor like a *****. I damn near stabbed him in the pumpkin for it. Took my d1 football playing cousin everything he had to stop me. Ended up kicking the guy in the face with my steeltoed boot and bloodied his face and floor up. Posted this up on another forum as I was hunting for a mopar to build.

After a year of searching and coming up with these types of people I gave up. Till another posted a link to this very forum witb my dart forsale outta Springfield mo. Members name was stan or gogreen something for his member name here. He was unbelievably nice and polite. Told me everything about the car but one thing. Title had a number instead of a letter in the second spot on the vin. Found that out when he got to my house. Not a big deal to him but took me two years and an attorney to get it fixed. One reason why the car sat so long before putting any more cash in it.
I admit I was very brazin in pms afterwards about a few things but I wish I could take it back since then. He was such a sweet guy and his wife. I was very bitter after all the other deals I felt I got taken. I didnt it was so fresh experiences I had previously. I took it out on him. Id send him a dinner card if I could but he has never responded to my pm's here. Cant say I blame him cuz I was a prick but id truely like to make it right.

Fwiw I am considered an asshole and batshit crazy. I fit into the strange mopar stereotype hands down. I hate being like everybody else. I want to be different and im clearly out of my mind about anything. But if your my friend its a life time until you f-bomb me over. Then its a beating and a farewell f-bombbag wave goodbye. Oh I have no friends what so ever. Cant stand people anymore. My tolerance is jacked and it has nothing to do with anything but experience around people. I sure wish I could be part of something again.

As a recovering chevy/ford guy. I can tell you I had the hardest time to become a mopar car owner. I ran into such bullshit wih dealing with mopar sellers. I ended up in two altercations. One was a guy that raises his price of his car after I offered to not only pay his asking price but to pay him twice his delivery fee. I was just wanting the car but he raised his price 100 dollars on me. He did this with a can of natty light rattling in his fingers and a cocky attitude. When I slapped it out of his hand as he put it on his lips. My 8 month pregnant wife was pulling on my arm to stop me from killing him. I just drove 3.5 hours one way to have this guy f-bomb with me. Was a 63 polaris and a great field find. But I dont do douchbag dealers no matter what.
second guy was a hemi block and heads. Tried to pay him cash for all of it as stated for the items. He tried to dart into his house with my cash and the heads. I screwed his *** into the floor like a *****. I damn near stabbed him in the pumpkin for it. Took my d1 football playing cousin everything he had to stop me. Ended up kicking the guy in the face with my steeltoed boot and bloodied his face and floor up. Posted this up on another forum as I was hunting for a mopar to build.

After a year of searching and coming up with these types of people I gave up. Till another posted a link to this very forum witb my dart forsale outta Springfield mo. Members name was stan or gogreen something for his member name here. He was unbelievably nice and polite. Told me everything about the car but one thing. Title had a number instead of a letter in the second spot on the vin. Found that out when he got to my house. Not a big deal to him but took me two years and an attorney to get it fixed. One reason why the car sat so long before putting any more cash in it.
I admit I was very brazin in pms afterwards about a few things but I wish I could take it back since then. He was such a sweet guy and his wife. I was very bitter after all the other deals I felt I got taken. I didnt it was so fresh experiences I had previously. I took it out on him. Id send him a dinner card if I could but he has never responded to my pm's here. Cant say I blame him cuz I was a prick but id truely like to make it right.

Fwiw I am considered an asshole and batshit crazy. I fit into the strange mopar stereotype hands down. I hate being like everybody else. I want to be different and im clearly out of my mind about anything. But if your my friend its a life time until you f-bomb me over. Then its a beating and a farewell f-bombbag wave goodbye. Oh I have no friends what so ever. Cant stand people anymore. My tolerance is jacked and it has nothing to do with anything but experience around people. I sure wish I could be part of something again.

That last paragraph is exactly the answer to my questions I believe. Mopar guys are crazy and nuts and like being different and we like to hang out with the same sort of people which is why we tend to stick to mopar only shows and we tend to get a little more rowdy then the other brands.

I understand I am generalizing when I say we but out of the mopar guys I know and have been around this sums them up to a tee. Maybe not so violent though lol

hey turbofreek: next time you have a car problem, give the guys on here a chance to see if they can help. sometimes w e can....not always.... the problem with the vin could have been fixed without an attorney and bout 1 week. but you did learn to check the title against the vin on the car before handin over the $$.

Lots of great replies in this thread! I am a laid back talk to anyone kind of guy for the most part, but if you don't have the time of day to chat about your ride that I find interesting then I will laugh and move on and will not entertain your ego by looking at it any more and let you take your **** to the grave.
I got my 66 as a first car and drove the piss out of it as a teenager! Now that it's back into my life, my wife asked if it was weird driving it the way I do now.....being cautious and easy on the brakes. I was like WTF....but it opened my eyes to WTF, she's right! (don't tell her!) I still want to launch off of a green light like at the strip every time I take it out, but there are sooo many cops around or people that get offended :violent1: that I can't afford to and I need a good driving record if I get a chance of landing a better job.

I have been hardened through the years dealing with pure snobs and a-holes, but will give anyone a shot just once. :glasses7:
I'm glad to have found this site for the good reads on everything to do with our early A's and get me re-familiarized with what I grew up with and love. :thumbup:

As for why do people do burnouts? IT'S FUN to be "old school" and that is the only smoke that is OK to let out! :burnout:

hey turbofreek: next time you have a car problem, give the guys on here a chance to see if they can help. sometimes w e can....not always.... the problem with the vin could have been fixed without an attorney and bout 1 week. but you did learn to check the title against the vin on the car before handin over the $$.

It didnt cost me money as the attorney is a friend. It was the stste that didnt want to adimt fault.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=275918 I think this thread will give you an idea of the thought process of SOME but not all MOPAR guys

Is there a member above gold ?

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is there a member above gold ?

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I think the link is inactive because the thread got closed.

lol...

i would have loved to see the mopar hobby in the 70's and early 80's.. had to be awesome.. only ones who had the cars had them because they loved them. i didn't get into the hobby until the late 80's. it was still cool back then but ya started seeing guys with high dollar cars and a lot of them were douchebags... most of the old timers were cool as hell. would help the young guys with parts,mechanical advice or whatever. it was awesome.. i can't really stand where the mopar hobby has gone...

This was the same thing I had experienced. I used to go to the main st garden grove car show and there was many friendly chevy and ford guys, but I loved Mopars and brought my first slant six A-body to the show. A group called the Mopar Knights hung there but wouldn't give me the time of day............:wack:

All I wanted was to learn from their experiences. And make friends with like minded car guys....A couple of years later when I showed up with a 440 powered duster they were all over me like Flies on stink......What douchebags! At this point they had already rubbed me the wrong way so I didn't really want to hang around with them. I've since gone back with many other Mopar builds and still witness the same thing with those old guys. They know all and don't care for anything other than big block Mopars. They talk down to people all the time..... Especially the young kids who are our hobby's future. :wack:

I have met plenty of other friendly Mopar enthusiasts elsewhere including here.
It's just sad that some have to try and ruin it for everyone else.

i dont know about everyone else but all the mopar guys ive met in person were real jerks. whether theyre know-it-alls or hyperjudgemental. most of the time im treated like i couldnt possibly know anything about mopars and im not worth their time to talk about their car. ive rarely met a mopar guy who i legitimately would try to seek out again. idk maybe it is the checkbook guys ruining it or something. either way i dont love the fans i just love the cars.

This my friend is somewhat true, but not all Mopar guys are that way but I definitely do know a couple Mopar people that are like that. I also know some Corvette people that are even worse. The two Mopar people I know like that, well one is a total crook and if you don't want to buy something he probably stole from someone he has no time for you. The other is just wealthy and believes he's better than you. I will tell you that my car is not and I repeat not a show car although I do go to shows quite often. My main reason is to see other cars and meet new people, you want to talk to me about my car I will talk all day but you will find mine is nothing flashy or better than most but I love it. Then we will go talk and look at your car. Here is a story I witnessed first hand because I was wiping under the hood when it happened, this guy had a Cuda at a local car show and it was very nice, he was from out of state. I saw him walking my way with his son, I would say around 8 years old. The boy stopped to look at my car, he told his dad that he liked the color on my car. His dad said and I quote "Let's go son we don't look at A-Bodies, we only look at B and E Bodies". It's a phrase I will never forget but that's ok I still love my car, I drive it everyday and will continue to do so.

It's funny hearing the "older" guys comment on us "young" crowd. I am in the "young" crowd at 33yrs old, I wish I could have experienced the hay day of the muscle car. I am on my 2nd Mopar and love every minute of it. My dad laughs at me because ALL of my friends are his age or even my grandparents age ! It doesn't bother me a bit, everyone has been welcoming and plenty helpful in teaching as much as possible. Us younger guys need all the Mopar education we can soak in, once the original Mopar nuts are gone we need to keep the passion alive. I am trying my hardest to pass the passion on the my 6yr old son without burning him out. He love Mopars and can tell the model of most. He can even tell a Daytona from a Superbird without seeing the decals !!

Now I'm off to meet with a group of folks older than my parents and cruise out to out annual Mopar Club picnic ! Have a nice day, I know I will !

I am 23 years old and have been going to car shows for the entirety of my life. One thing I have noticed in the last eight years that I have owned my mopar is the lack of chryslers at car shows. When we are at car shows we are always the guys who look a little wild as well. My dad just returned from spending a weekend in Knoxville at a 2000+ car show. He said he saw ONE dart and very few mopars.

What makes us shy away from shows. I say us because I am guilty of this, reason being I simply get bored if I'm not at a race track.

Other question is why do we always do stuff like burnout?

What Makes a Mopar Guy Different ?

* High Quality Blue-Blood Breeding.

* We Come From a Better Stock.

65-440 that's great!!! younger people are the future of the hobby!!
younger people have a different way of seeing things sometimes and that can definitely be good!!!
check out the local mopar club, you can find some younger guys to work with, and the real mopar guys that are older, most will offer their help and opinions for sure...

I personally don't care for the "Barrett Jackson" mopar guys. Those nose up, big money types. However, Stuart Florida has an abundance of helpful loyal mopar people and the local show has a decent percent of mopars. Yet, everyone flocks to the 69 Camaros and walk right past the black ,original, one owner 68 hemi runner. I really don't have anything against other brands, it just I feel if you've seen one mustang, or Camaro, or corvette, you've seen them all.

As a "Mopar guy" I can honestly say that I get along with owners of cars from ALL of the manufacturers, - Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, De Soto, and Imperial.

-
Back