What Master Cylinder for 4 wheel disk Power

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
I have stock front disk 72 and converted rear to Disk with not much stopping power. After reading multiple posts can't get a definitive answer. First, I am going to guess with big cam I might not have enough vac (18 required) but also, I have the stock Disk/Drum Master on my 72 Duster. Where should I start. I saw possibly a Stock 73 4 disk master might work? Someone with a complete system with part numbers would be very helpful.

That combo will never work properly with a lack of vacuum. Hydroboost is the answer if you have power steering. Not cheap, but the proper solution.

I am very happy with manual discs. So it could be a low cost option to explore before moving on to the more expensive solutions.

That combo will never work properly with a lack of vacuum. Hydroboost is the answer if you have power steering. Not cheap, but the proper solution.
That is a little on the pricey side considering how much I've spent so far. I may look at that down the road.

I am very happy with manual discs. So it could be a low cost option to explore before moving on to the more expensive solutions.
This might be a dumb question but, I have a new master cylinder now for Disk/Drum, can I just remove the booster and use the MC that I have or is there a difference in man vs. power brake master cylinders?:scratch:

Manual brake and power brake cylinders are different

Manual brake and power brake cylinders are different
Any ideas on a good manual master cylinder to use for 4 disk setup? Some are saying older dakota (1990) aluminum with 2 bolt converter plate?

My self, I'm trying to go to 4 Wheel disc on my Duster and will probably call this guy to see what he says. It seems to matter if you have the newer wheel cyls. or not, residual valve in the MC or not, size of MC bore, proportioning valve, big piston- 4 piston combination, I don't know what other guys are using ???

He has two different MC's on his web site, but the thing to do is call him first. I've heard nothing but good from guys on this site. Dr Diff. I've never used him before. Hope this helps.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/doctordiff1/m.html

http://www.doctordiff.com/?page_id=41

NOTICED HIS PRICES HAVE TAKEN A BIG JUMP UPWARD !

Most find out their brakes are terrible after a 4wheel disc conversion, but won't admit it. The first time you find yourself in a dangerous situation, you'll see the light and make the investment. My brake system is 2500 with the hydro, and I couldn't be happier. It has better brakes by far than my daily driver (Magnum RT), and has proved adequate at the track with cooling ducts. Just my .02.

-
Back