What Mopar Option Burns a Memory in Your Brain the Most?

What option do you remember the most

• 426 Hemi

Votes: 52 18.1%
  • Pushbutton Automatic

Votes: 40 13.9%
  • Six Pack Intake

Votes: 30 10.5%
  • Green Exterior Paint

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Fender mounted turn signals

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • The Slant six engine

Votes: 23 8.0%
  • 4-doors

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Pistol Grip Shifter

Votes: 66 23.0%
  • Road Runner pkg

Votes: 21 7.3%
  • Rear facing seat in the station wagon

Votes: 19 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
.............I would have to say the mighty Max Wedge, theres nothing cooler than staring a those long rams.............kim........

i remember sitting in the "way back" of the big green dodge station wagon my mom drove when i was young.

i remember when the first 440-6 showed up at our local strip in '69
black hood,huge scoop and 4 black wheels..like nothing we'd ever seen.
and fast!

Pushbutton Automatic.I wanted one so bad I was going to put one in my 49 dodge flatbed pickup

Not really an option but I always liked the foot coolers(vents). I will kick my left shoe off and stick my foot in the vent. So my 75 Duster wasn't the only car that didn't want to start in wet weather?

Fine Corinthian Leather,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ricardo Montalban......It's better to look good than to feel good.

th

That reminds me of this ad. This one left quite an imprint, I love the AAR in the backround.

Attachments

• ad_dodge_magnum_top_1978.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 192
The things I most remember - here in AUS - my dads RT E38 Charger, its tripple webber induction on the 265 hemi 6 that was faster than the V8's of its time & the 36 gal fuel tank that took up the whole boot - ex factory.

There are several things that I can recall that I've always associated with Mopar:

1. Torsion bar suspension. Others have done it, but none like this.
  2. Huge tail fins: on 57-58 Plymouth, DeSoto, & Chrysler (yeah I know Dodge had 'em too, but I don't think they looked as cool.)
  3. Swivel seats (Some T-birds and colonade GM A-bodies had them, too.)
  4. Interior rear view mirror mounted on the dashboard.
  5. Weird shaped steering wheels that were not quite round and not quite square.
  6. The ugliest car ever built, the '61 Plymouth. A car so butt ugly it got the stylist fired.
  7. The ribbon style speedometer in the '61 Plymouth.
  8. Little handles for the interior rear door locks on 57-61 full-size cars.

The pushbuttons are still at the top of my list.
Closely followed by the RACE HEMI that I first saw in Bill "Maverick" Golden's '64 Dodge SuperStocker.

BC

Didn't see anyone saying the "Wonder Bar Radio" Imps and high optioned Newyorkers had them.You controled the radio stations with a button switch on the floor with your foot.
Also around 1975 the "Economizer". Cars with fender mount turn signal lites, a Vaccuum switch that made the driver side fender lite come on. New car owners hated them and most were disconnected.My dad's 75 Charger had it.Found out later that they were adjustable thumbing thru the service manual.

Well, I remember the day my Dad showed up in the driveway with his new car... A 1970 440 6pak 4 speed convertible Road Runner. Red with a white interior and white convertible top, pistol grip, air grabber, 4:10 Dana. I could pick any of those options off your list Keith!!

However... The one thing that sticks with me the most isn't on the list at all... The big bubble back window of the 64-66 Cuda's!! Don't know why, don't recall ever seeing one in my youth, but everywhere I go in the Cuda, people always come up and comment on how they remember that Grandma/Uncle/Dad/Mom/Brother/Sister or neighbor used to have one!!

Think I'm partial to them?? You bet!!! Thx for the memories Keith!! Geof

I remember the first time I saw Vanishing Point ... watching Kowalski grab gears with the pistol grip... 40 years ago, but still remember thinking "damn, that's frickin cool beans!!!"

three way tie here i voted slant six cus pretty much evreyone knows the term slant six and asks that all the time (whats that wagon have in it ? dont sound like a slant six.)

it was slant six

pushbutton tranny

green exterior paint

ive been haunted and blessed with the people ive met that have brought these three subjects up. Haunted you know those crazy people (i hate crazy tweakers) why did they all have mopars? and they always love the fact i have a 318 (best engine i ever had) usually in a van......

three way tie here i voted slant six cus pretty much evreyone knows the term slant six and asks that all the time (whats that wagon have in it ? dont sound like a slant six.)

it was slant six

pushbutton tranny

green exterior paint

ive been haunted and blessed with the people ive met that have brought these three subjects up. Haunted you know those crazy people (i hate crazy tweakers) why did they all have mopars? and they always love the fact i have a 318 (best engine i ever had) usually in a van......

Funny, many Mopars were built with those 3 options lol :glasses7:

My best friends 69 Charger R/T, B5, 4-speed, 440 magnum. He had a '71 and a '73 at the same time but I was in love with the '69.

He then moved to RX-7s ..and now he is looking for a Lotus Esprit. Anyone know where there is a good example for sale.

I keep sending him pictures of MOPARS on this board that are for sale ... Chargers are now out of his price range.

Cheers
Grassy

-
Back